Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About Chris Cornell, KING wrote:
  ENIG
I was curious with Soundgarden's odd time signatures in some songs and the interesting work such as in Spoonman...Do you see any progressive or Prog in Soundgarden's music?
Like many FRL regulars, I was saddened and shocked by Chris Cornell's death. Similar to Scott Weiland, Cornell left us a strong collection from his collaboration in Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, Audio slave, and solo work. I had Alice In Chains in my early Nomination List but Soundgarden now will take that spot. Cornell's vocal excellence and guitar work and with his untimely passing all adds up to a Soundgarden nomination. KING
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 15:29pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Hall and Oates, Roy wrote:

G.E. Smith on playing with Hall & Oates - EMMYTVLEGENDS.ORG
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 14:56pm
Leave your own comment about Hall and Oates here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:38pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:37pm
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About Chris Cornell, Roy wrote:

Chris Cornell Inducts Heart at 2013 Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:35pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Heart, Roy wrote:

Chris Cornell Inducts Heart at 2013 Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:34pm
Leave your own comment about Heart here.

About Hall and Oates, Roy wrote:

Hall And Oates 2014 Induction Ceremony Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:33pm
Leave your own comment about Hall and Oates here.

About Electric Light Orchestra, Roy wrote:

"Roll Over Beethoven" performed by ELO - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:31pm
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About Joan Baez, Roy wrote:

"Deportee (Plane Wreck at Los Gatos)" Joan Baez - 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:30pm
Leave your own comment about Joan Baez here.

About Rush, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:25pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Yes, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:25pm
Leave your own comment about Yes here.

About Journey, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:24pm
Leave your own comment about Journey here.

About Pearl Jam, Roy wrote:

"Rockin' the Free World" Super Jam - 2017 Induction Ceremony Full Performance
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 12:24pm
Leave your own comment about Pearl Jam here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I would definitely like to thank Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament for listing Duran Duran and King Crimson on his t-shirt of Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame nubs.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 10:03am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About the 2017 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

I am so sorry to hear about the recent passing of Chris Cornell. On this sad occasion, I would like to extend my most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I think that The Nominating Committee will really want to place Soundgarden on their nomination list, due to his recent passing.
Monday, 05.22.17 @ 09:58am
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Inductees here.

About Bob Marley, Pablo Rodas wrote:
  Bob Marley debió ser inductado junto a The Wailers, lo inductaron en solitario como si hubiese sido solista, he ignorando todo el trabajo de PeterTosh,Bunny Wailer y los demás músicos que aportaron su trabajo a cada álbum álbum. Es una falta de respeto con tan buenos músicos y da por hecho que RHOF es enorme a la hora de cometer nefastos errores.
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 13:41pm
Leave your own comment about Bob Marley here.

About Linda Ronstadt, robtempe wrote:
  "Linda is now outside the pop music world, doing her thing. I don’t know if there will ever be another singer who impacts me like she does. She is truly at the top of the class, along with Emmylou Harris and Nicolette [Larson]. Some artists just have it. Like a painter who is great, you can’t say why. I have been so fortunate to have these friends.
I find it unbelievable that Linda is not in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. There is something wrong with that. She should have been inducted a long time ago. I would be honored to induct her."
— Neil Young on Linda Ronstadt in Waging Heavy Peace (via foreverneilyoung)
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 10:43am
Leave your own comment about Linda Ronstadt here.

About New Kids On The Block, Holly Hubbard wrote:
  This group STILL packs stadiums and is one of the BEST shows out there. I've been to A LOT of concerts and very few groups do I have the inclination to see again. NKOTB are one of the TWO I would pay to go see again. These guys deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 10:01am
Leave your own comment about New Kids On The Block here.

About The Revolution, Roy wrote:

Prince’s band from ‘Purple Rain,’ the Revolution, on 2017 tour to honor the icon in live interview
Sunday, 05.21.17 @ 07:22am
Leave your own comment about The Revolution here.

About Soundgarden, JShortsmith wrote:
  RIP
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 17:43pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About Phil Collins, KING wrote:
  Like Lionel Richie, Phil Collins was ubiquitous in the 1980's and a hit making machine. I think his vocal abilities and drum work are exemplary. There was a good discussion by the FRL regulars years ago on how an artist should be judged in his or her totality work and solo. Some examples were Don Henley, Stevie Nicks, Lionel Richie, Sting etc. The prevailing wisdom that the two are married in people's minds but a person like Collins should be judged for his solo work separately. That would mean 2 inductions for that artist if their solo work was RRHOF quality. I sincerely feel Phil Collins could be the next 2x inductee. He had the commercial CD sales, awards, and several hit songs. Will try to fit him on my 20 or 22 nomination ballot. KING
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 17:16pm
Leave your own comment about Phil Collins here.

About Soundgarden, Paul in KY wrote:
  No, Jason. Was not in Detroit. Watched excerpts of show on youtube. Should have been clearer about that.
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 08:51am
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About The Beatles, Joe wrote:
  I was going to be a smart (bleep) and say that they should put the Beatles in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (and yes, I am aware that they have been in since 1988), but I'm just happy to have the 800th comment. So far.
Saturday, 05.20.17 @ 00:05am
Leave your own comment about The Beatles here.

About George W. Johnson, Philip wrote:
  By that logic, the U.S. Marine Band should be inducted, Timothy. Being important to the music industry is not entirely the same as being important to rock and roll's evolution.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 21:42pm
Leave your own comment about George W. Johnson here.

About Sonny and Cher, tandi wrote:
  Ya, Cher never promotes her stuff. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 60s and 70s Sonny did a great job pushing her stuff and of course their duo stuff but solo Cher usually means great work by her but no real push for it behind the scenes.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 17:43pm
Leave your own comment about Sonny and Cher here.

About Soundgarden, Jason Voigt wrote:
  Soundgarden was supposed to be in St. Louis (headlining Pointfest) this Saturday. The whole event was cancelled since the following bands didn't want to perform in respect to the man. I didn't know they were doing ROTR. Paul - you were really in Detroit at the time? Damn. Its great that you got to see some parts of the show.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 15:31pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About Chris Cornell, Jason Voigt wrote:
  I guess I'll add on to the tributes. The only time I saw Cornell perform live was with Audioslave in 2003 at Lollapalooza. That was the last year it was a touring festival. The show was unforgettable. I still think their version of "Seven Nation Army" was the best live cover I've ever seen. Cornell had a great stage presence, with plenty of charisma. He was one of the very few who could compete with Tom Morello's guitar.

For whatever reason, its always easy to forget that Cornell has/had an extended resume. Be it Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, and his own solo career. Plus a number of appearances he made on his friends' albums. Did I mention he did a James Bond theme and worked with Timbaland? I also heard that he loved interacting with his fans/followers on Twitter. Supposedly that's what rock stars do when they're bored (lol). One of my friends said on Twitter that she was having a rough crappy day, and Cornell, out of the blue, tweeted back, "Laurie, I hope your day gets better". It was legit, trust me, because I saw it.

Like someone else mentioned, Soundgarden should be a shoo-in next year. I know the Death Fairy hasn't been kind to recently departed musicians in the last few years, but this one we all hope to happen.

Rock in peace, Chris
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 15:20pm
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Pixies, greg wrote:
  Vote for Pixies
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 11:17am
Leave your own comment about Pixies here.

About Chris Cornell, Roy wrote:
  RIP Chris Cornell
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 01:12am
Leave your own comment about Chris Cornell here.

About Temple of the Dog, Roy wrote:
  RIP Chris Cornell
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 01:09am
Leave your own comment about Temple of the Dog here.

About George W. Johnson, Timothy wrote:
  George W. Johnson is not household name but his importance to music history is undeniable, in the 1890s when segregation was how society worked, he became the most successful black man in the US and was the first black artiest to be marketed as himself and not under a pseudonym or a fake image.

Johnson was also one of first big names in music to use gramophone record, a major technological milestone in sound recording,

I could talk about how prolific the man was but all of what i said i already, shows how he needs to be inducted into the rock hall.
Friday, 05.19.17 @ 00:04am
Leave your own comment about George W. Johnson here.

About XTC, Will wrote:
  After The Beatles, only one rock band got better and better with each album, and that band was XTC. Their songwriting, lyrics, arrangements, and recording were not only sterling, but in time, shown to be massively influential. I've long since lost respect for the Hall of Fame, and the exclusion of XTC is one big reason.
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 20:24pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About Victoria Spivey, Timothy wrote:
  lets see, she worked with Louis Armstrong, Lonnie Johnson and Bob Dylan, she written blues classics like Black Snake Blues and Dope Head Blues, she co-founded Spivey Records, a label that released records for artists like Muddy Waters, Screaming Jay Hawkins and Big Joe Williams

she done a lot for blues and rock music, she's not a 60% no and a little research will show you why
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 18:39pm
Leave your own comment about Victoria Spivey here.

About Soundgarden, Blooms wrote:
  Damn. Lost for words, albeit there may be some typed. 1997, Soundgarden ends. 2007, Audioslave ends. 2017, Soundgarden ends for good.

I suppose life was not precious anymore for Chris Cornell. Just an unlikely end, but boy, so much greatness he left behind. The fans can take solace in that. He was loved. A Seattle radio station is playing nothing but his songs today. A gathering will be held later. It is a sullen moment, but celebrate the musical spirit of this wonderful singer.

Soundgarden is definitely a shoo-in for the RHOF next year. Things that could happen in life, tend to occur in death. He was indifferent (probably because it is like the golden globes) about being inducted, so it is fitting he will not be there.

Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 17:06pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About Soundgarden, Paul in KY wrote:
  I'm up here in Columbus, getting ready for Rock on the Range. Guess who was supposed to headline Friday?

Watched excerpts of their show up in Detroit & he/they were ON! Dammit. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem (always exceptions to that, of course).

Very sad for his family.
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 16:18pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About The Cult, Paul in KY wrote:
  hey Jason, I did get it fixed within a few weeks. Man, that pissed me off. Was all my fault. Saw The Cult at Louder than Life last year. Got pics to prove it!

Glad you saw them.
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 16:12pm
Leave your own comment about The Cult here.

About Soundgarden, Nick wrote:
  RIP Chris Cornell, in my opinion, the most gifted and wide-ranging vocalist of the 90s grunge bands. This is such a sad day for music fans. Soundgarden are going to be shoe ins for the HOF soon and unfortunately Cornell's untimely death will make their candidacy stronger than ever. That's a damn shame since they are a great rock band by anyone's standards. I agree with Shrek - Tom Morello on the committee will at least bring Soundgarden's name in the discussion. He posted a tribute to Cornell on his Twitter account a few hours ago. Questlove also paid tribute to Cornell on Twitter (the former is also on the nominating committee). Plus remember Dave Grohl is now on the nominating committee and he was apart of Nirvana, one of the great grunge bands who are already inducted. Those three alone might push hard for Soundgarden for 2018 induction and hold off on their favorites (e.g., Jane's Addiction, Bad Brains) that can wait a year or two. A Morello/Grohl tribute for Cornell and Soundgarden would be amazing and seems plausible right now. I'm fully expecting Soundgarden on the 2018 nominees list.

Cornell also had the acclaim from his peers, many of whom are HOFers, including Jimmy Page, Elton John, Slash, Joe Perry, and Ozzy Osbourne.
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 13:25pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About Soundgarden, Mandy wrote:
  Losing another magnificent voice from our generation no matter how it is lost it is like losing a part of ourselves!!!! Peace & Love to his family, friends, all his bands members & all of His fans!!
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 13:11pm
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.

About the 2017 Nominees, Shrek wrote:
  I think we can now safely write Soundgarden into next year's nominations in permanent marker. As we have seen, death isn't *always* a guaranteed way to overcome the snub list; but with Tom Morello on the nominating committee, I can't imagine him not wanting to pay tribute to Chris Cornell, who he played with in Audioslave. I could even see him shooting down any discussion of Rage Against The Machine so he didn't feel like he was competing against Soundgarden/Cornell for votes.

Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 11:46am
Leave your own comment about the 2017 Nominees here.

About Soundgarden, Nicky Joe wrote:
  It's tragic that Chris Cornell isn't going to see his induction in to the Hall of Fame.
Thursday, 05.18.17 @ 11:28am
Leave your own comment about Soundgarden here.