Latest Comments

About Electric Light Orchestra, Rick Vendl II wrote:
  Electric Light Orchestra did hit #1 on 3 different charts in the USA, at least twice on the US Billboard Top Boxoffice chart!

Stadiums & Festivals (More Than 20,000)

Week 8-13-78 http://books.google.com/books?id=QSQEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PP1&dq=Billboard%20magazine%20aug%2026%2C%201978&pg=PT110#v=onepage&q=Billboard%20magazine%20aug%2026,%201978&f=false

Rank 1
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/HEART/TRICKSTER – Brass Ring Productions, Silverdome, Pontiac, Mich., Aug. 12 & 13 (2)
Total Ticket Sales 57,440
Ticket Price Scale $10-$12.50
Gross Receipts $689,280

Arenas (6,000 To 20,000)

Week 8/20/78 http://books.google.com/books?id=tCQEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PP1&pg=PT45#v=onepage&q&f=false

Rank 3
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA – Casablanca Concerts, Civic Center, St. Paul, Minn., Aug. 17
Total Ticket Sales 17,500
Ticket Price Scale $6-$7
Gross Receipts $132,930*

Rank 4
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/TRICKSTER – Feyline Presents, McNichols Arena, Denver, Colo., Aug. 19
Total Ticket Sales 13,121
Ticket Price Scale $6.50-$8.50
Gross Receipts $114,999*

Rank 7
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/TRICKSTER – Star Date Productions, Dane Co. Col., Madison, Wis., Aug. 16
Total Ticket Sales 10,100
Ticket Price Scale $8.50-$9.50
Gross Receipts $87,151*

Rank 9
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/TRICKSTER – Sunshine Promotions, Mkt. Sq. Arena, Indianapolis, Indiana, Aug. 14
Total Ticket Sales 10,290
Ticket Price Scale $7.50-$8.50
Gross Receipts $84,540

Rank 13
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/TRICKSTER – Landmark Productions, Arena, Milwaukee, Wis., Aug. 15
Total Ticket Sales 9,134
Ticket Price Scale $8.50
Gross Receipts $77,639

Week 8-27-78 http://books.google.com/books?id=5SQEAAAAMBAJ&lpg=PA1&pg=PT37#v=onepage&q&f=false

Rank 1
ARTIST – Promoter, Facility, Dates ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA/TRICKSTER – Bill Graham Presents, Col., Oakland, Calif., Aug. 23-24 (2)
Total Ticket Sales 26,952
Ticket Price Scale $7.50-$9.50
Gross Receipts $237,380*

* DENOTES SELLOUT PERFORMANCES

Then, ELO had a #1 album on CashBox and Record World with Xanadu in 1980!

More later as my research continues...
Monday, 09.1.14 @ 03:27am
Leave your own comment about Electric Light Orchestra here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Nick wrote:
  I doubt the Rock Hall will do anything "special" for the 30th anniversary of Rock Hall ceremonies. Sure, there might be a concert or TV special, but nothing really beyond that. The 30th anniversary will absolutely have no bearing on who's nominated and inducted for the 2015 class (it shouldn't). Phillip, I loved your last sentence about Enigmaticus, someone who constantly posts the same predictions (no matter how slim the chances are for most of his choices) each time on this forum. Also, there will NEVER be 12 inductees in one year ever again so his "setlist" wet dream will never, ever happen (I think 1987 had around 15 inductees, but that was the second year of the inductions).
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 18:26pm
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About Duran Duran, Paul in KY wrote:
  Enig, you probably won't like this, but I saw Chris Stein (founder of Blondie) say that the New Wave movement ended in 1984 (for him) when 2 bands, Wham! and Duran Duran had number 1 albums. He said they were New Wave bands with all the heart ripped out of them (or words to that effect).

Wham! will never, evr make it, but maybe that's why Duran Duran is still out?
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 16:34pm
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Philip wrote:
  "I still think that the Rock Hall will need to do something really spectacular for their 30th anniversary induction ceremony."

Enig, people said the same darn thing for their 25th Anniversary 5 years ago. The only really spectacular thing they did for the induction class that year was induct a slew of classic songwriters that they had dragged their feet (and knuckles) on for years. Oh, the Foundation still celebrated their 25 years.... with a concert tour of inducted artists and artists they'd been pushing to get in (e.g. Darlene Love, who was inducted the next year). Nothing tied to the ceremony. And 5 years before that to celebrate their 20th year, the celebrated at the ceremonies with special performances from Jerry Lee Lewis and Bo Diddley. Five years ago, Lax "inferred" that for 25 years, they'd induct 25 artists, all of them Genesis. Well Genesis got in, but ONLY Genesis got in.... not solo Gabriel, solo Collins, solo Hackett, Mike + The Mechanics, etc. And quite frankly, the Non-Performer inductee list was more impressive than the inductee list that year.

Will they do something to commemorate 30 years? Absolutely. Will it happen at the ceremonies? Maybe. Will it be directly tied to the inducted class itself? No. Will it be the "Enigmaticus wet dream of every artist he believes needs to be inducted immediately inducted in his proscribed sequence playing his preferred set list?" Get real.
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 12:01pm
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About Sade, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I agree completely, Kevin

I have been mesmerized by Sade's great music for decades. Is it a crime that Sade is not in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame? Absolutely!
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 11:22am
Leave your own comment about Sade here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I still think that the Rock Hall will need to do something really spectacular for their 30th anniversary induction ceremony. As the years pass by, artists become older and some may even pass away prematurely. Lou Reed's passing last year was somewhat unexpected and given Rolling Stone Magazine's love for him, he could be included on this year's ballot. Stranger things have happened, but even his widow, Laurie Anderson could receive a nomination as well.

Personally, I like the idea of inducting these artists:

I still really like this idea for the 2015 ceremony, I think that it covers most of the bases:

So I have heard that the 2014 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony wasn't that great. I wonder how well a 6 hr. Ceremony would go over?

Can you imagine a ceremony honoring these artists in 2015?

Oh what the heck, let's add Chicago and E.L.O. and Bernie Taupin to the mix. Then, let's revise the songs themselves:

1. Bernie Taupin

'Daniel'
'Someone Saved My Life Tonight'
'Your Song'

2. Sade

'Smooth Operator'
'No Ordinary Love'

3. Electric Light Orchestra

'Sweet Talkin' Woman'
'Turn To Stone'
'Mr. Blue Sky'

4. Doobie Brothers

'Long Train Running'
'China Grove'
'Black Water'
'You Belong To Me (with Carly Simon)'

5. Carly Simon

'Nobody Does It Better'
'Let The River Run'
'You're So Vain'

6. Foreigner

'I Want To Know What Love Is'
'Cold As Ice'

7. Deep Purple

'Smoke On The Water'
'Burn'
'Hush'

8. The Moody Blues

'I'm Just A Singer In A Rock & Roll Band'
'Legend Of A Mind'
'Nights In White Satin'

9. Green Day

?
?

10. Yes

'Roundabout'
'Owner Of A Lonely Heart'

11. Chicago

'25 or 6 to 4'
'Saturday In The Park'
'Wishing You Were Here'

A Lou Reed Tribute,

Including "Walk On The Wild Side" and "Perfect Day" (performed by Duran Duran)

12. Duran Duran

'Ordinary World'
'Rio'
'Girl Panic'
'What Happens Tomorrow'

This list, as far as I am concerned, has a lot of diversity and
covers the following genres: singer- songwriters (Carly
Simon), hard rock (Foreigner), progressive rock (Yes, The
Moody Blues, E.L.O.), rock & roll (The Doobie Brothers), jazz/ rhythm and blues (Sade), jazz rock (Chicago), alternative rock /punk rock (Green Day) and of course (that never agreed upon category, you can call it "art rock," (I do) "new wave" whatever, but it is definitely hard to define and great (Duran Duran). I would not be upset by Queen Latifah, or Ice-T's induction, either. I think that they represent the perfect balance between those two worlds. I am against groups however who advocate hatred against minorities, women, et cetera.
I could try to work Garth Brooks into the ceremony, but given his level of star power, perhaps 2016 would be more appropriate. I am not familiar enough with Green Day's output to come up with a song list, either. Although, I think that "American Idiot" might work as a song.

Now, as far as Laurie Anderson is concerned, "O Superman" would be a great song, XTC could also perform 'Dear God' for Todd Rundgren.

Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 09:39am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Once again, here is my list of 2015 nominees, with a slight modification:

These are the artists whom I would like to see nominated for the rrhof induction in 2015

1. Duran Duran

And as producers:

Todd Rundgren
Brian Eno
Nile Rodgers

And as songwriter: Bernie Taupin

Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 09:35am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Enigmaticus wrote:
  You have a much better list of nominees and inductees now Lax31! I could easily choose 5 of those artists. By the way, where did Kate Bush come from? Given your choice of nominees, this would be my inductees list:

Stevie Ray Vaughan (posthumously)
Lou Reed (posthumously)
Green Day
Deep Purple
Electric Light Orchestra
Kate Bush

Larry,

That is a great list also, but where is Yes?

From your list, I would choose:

Chicago
Queen Latifah
Lou Reed (posthumously)
Judas Priest
Deep Purple
Willie Nelson

Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 09:31am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About Foreigner, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I think that Lou Gramm's and Mick Jones' induction into the Songwriter's Hall Of Fame might be the impetus to garner them a Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame nomination. What do you think?
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 09:17am
Leave your own comment about Foreigner here.

About Whitney Houston, Emma Potter wrote:
  Whitney Houston in my opinion should already be in "The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame", I mean she is the best of the very best. So why isn't she already in there?!! I am sorry but I don't get that and am actually very disappointed Whitney isn't and deeply hurt for her family and fans. Now please hurry and put her in as her true fans and I know she deserves to be in and should already be in any case, and sooo much more for what she gave and the love she showed to the world through her music and movies etc! Let's give it back to this special lady!!:) God bless U Whitney. I loveeeeeeee U. x
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 07:25am
Leave your own comment about Whitney Houston here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Larry wrote:
  16. The Monkeys
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 07:19am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Larry wrote:

11. Chicago
12. Willy Nelson
13. B 52's
14. Electric Light Orchestra
15. The Smiths
Sunday, 08.31.14 @ 07:15am
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About the 2015 Nomination Predictions, Lax31 wrote:
  Hi everyone!

The summer is about to end fairly soon. And with that, we will as early as Monday begin two highly important functions to add to our collective knowledge of who are the artists and non-performers that define popular recorded music; in particular, rock and roll. The first and foremost will be voting on our Crown Jewel, the Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project. The second, of course, will be finding out who will be nominated and later inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Since we are now in the process of making out our own predictions for the Class of 2015, I suppose this is now the proper time for me to present my current predictions.

I am of the inference that the RRHOF Nominating Committee will once again look at those inducted into the Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project to determine who will be nominated and perhaps likely inducted before the year is out. Using this method of approach, and at the moment only looking at the performers category; here I whom I infer will be nominated fairly soon.

Green Day
Deep Purple
Kate Bush
Weird Al Yankovic
Eric B. & Rakim
Kraftwerk
Soundgarden

The now normal rate of inductees is six each year. I thus infer that the six inducted will be:

Green Day
Nine Inch Nails
Chic
N.W.A.
Kate Bush

Now, I do also think there may be a seventh pick this year, considering we at the Revisited/Projected Rock hall Project do induct seven performers every year. Should that be the case, I think The Runaways and/or Joan Jett will be the seventh inductee. None the less, the first five listed are I believe automatic locks for induction next year. Some oversights will be rectified this coming election cycle: namely Yes, Chic and N.W.A.

There is however an interesting wild card that may be thrown into the mix. Last year, Lou Reed died at age 71. Reed was able to be inducted into the RRHOF with The Velvet Underground during his lifetime. Amazingly, Reed was twice nominated for induction on his own accord. When everything is considered, I think Lou Reed was just as influential, if not more so, on his own than his years in The Velvet Underground. I do think, however, that the Nominating Committee will be able to take a far more serious look at inducting Reed once Reed gets posthumously inducted into the Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project.

Fortunately, many of us fellow posters, including myself, are now willing to include Lou Reed as part of our ballots in the next two months or so. That is to say, I think many of us are likely to have Reed become an inductee into our Project. Should and/or once that happens, it clearly means the RRHOF has more of an incentive to give Lou Reed an honor for his entire life's work that he did not live to see.

Well, these are my current predictions and inferences on what will take place with The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Feel free to either comment or suggest changes to this post if need be. It is possible it might need changing within a month or more.

Try to guess which artist I now most want to see inducted :),

Lax31
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 22:24pm
Leave your own comment about the 2015 Nomination Predictions here.

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  Sorry. Just forgot one:

**Minor Threat
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 22:01pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About Janet Jackson, Ari wrote:
  Please get her in. She is a great person inside out and has amazing naturally raw talent like no one else. Love Janet!
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 21:32pm
Leave your own comment about Janet Jackson here.

About Jethro Tull, Hunter Morrow wrote:
  They've been snubbed for so long that much like Deep Purple, band members are dropping dead.

Don't you think 21 years is enough of a snubbing to these guys?

They'll be in coffins before they are in the Hall. It just smacks of vendetta that they are not in yet.

Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 20:52pm
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About Black Flag, Hunter Morrow wrote:
  It is an absolute disgrace that they've been snubbed for over a decade. They should have gotten in at least 5 years ago.

Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 20:50pm
Leave your own comment about Black Flag here.

About Iced Earth, Hunter Morrow wrote:
  Phenomenal metal band with a 20+ year career but they will NEVER get in. I love this band to pieces but I can probably rattle off 25 more important metal bands that have been shafted for years, maybe decades.

For albums, Dark Saga, Burnt Offerings for Dante's Inferno, Horror Show and Dystopia.

Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 20:47pm
Leave your own comment about Iced Earth here.

About Athiest, Hunter Morrow wrote:
  Phenomenal heavy metal band, zero chance of getting in and they shouldn't get in before other death metal acts like Death, obviously.

10 rap acts will get in before these guys.

The album to get is Unquestionable Presence.

Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 20:44pm
Leave your own comment about Athiest here.

About Rock Hall Projected, SotN wrote:
  Alright, so while this is a bit late, the ones I'd support this month are:

(Note: Like before, an asterisk indicates higher priority. More asterisks, more priority.)

Adam and the Ants
*Ultravox
Wendy O. Williams
*Wire
Yaz (Yazoo)
*Yo La Tengo
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 20:41pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About The 5th Dimension, jmc wrote:
  Great sunshine pop of the sixties. Fantastic vocal group. Just as good or better than any motown group.
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 18:01pm
Leave your own comment about The 5th Dimension here.

About Bad Company, Rock Authority wrote:
  I mean what comes to mind when you think of Hall of Fame. I think talent, success, longevity, is your music relevant 35yrs after being recorded. A big YES on all counts. I hadn't been to a concert since the 80's and last summer i went to Bad Co./Skynerd. Skynerd opened and were great, but i was there to see what i consider to be one of the Top 5 rock vocalists of all time. They opened with Rock and Roll Fantasy and theres Rodgers twirling the mic stand over his head and hitting those notes with all the feel he did 35 yrs ago. I mean the band was really good, but your there to see a one of a kind Rock Legend sing. It's truly astonishing that they arent in. Paul Rodgers could have gotten in twice already and noone would complain.
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 17:54pm
Leave your own comment about Bad Company here.

About The Album Project, DarinRG wrote:
  After this afternoon I may not have internet access for the next 3-5 days, so I want to add my nomination now. I'll stick with:

Bauhaus - Mask (1981)
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 14:34pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Aphex Twin, DarinRG wrote:
  Right there with you, Mike.
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 13:16pm
Leave your own comment about Aphex Twin here.

About Aphex Twin, Mike wrote:
  Pretty excited about his new album, SYRO. Hard to believe it's been 13 years since an Aphex Twin release.
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 08:48am
Leave your own comment about Aphex Twin here.

About The Song Project, PopeCharming wrote:
  Greg: I'd give serious consideration to:

Funkadelic- (Not Just) Knee Deep (1979)
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble- Cold Shot (1984)
Jim Croce- I'll Have Say I Love You In A Song (1973)
Jim Croce- I Got A Name (1973)
Rock Horror Picture Cast- Time Warp (1975)
Kate Bush- Babooshka (1980)
Kate Bush- Hounds of Love (1985)
Kate Bush- This Woman's Work (1989)
Tori Amos- Cornflake Girl (1994)
Cat Stevens- Moonshadow (1971)
Cat Stevens- If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out (1971)
Carly Simon- That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be (1971)
Carly Simon- Coming Around Again (1986)
The Rasberries- Overnight Sensation (1974)

But I'm also maybe considering nominating Kate Bush's "The Man With the Child in His Eyes", but I'll wait to see what you nominate in September, so we don't cancel each other out.

Tom: These are the ones I would be most likely to vote for:

Arthur Conley- Sweet Soul Music (1967)
Cherry Poppin’ Daddies- Zoot Suit Riot (1997)
Chicago- Just You ‘n Me (1973)
Dave Matthews Band- The Space Between (2001)
Dionne Warwick- I Say A Little Prayer (1967)
George Harrison- All Things Must Pass (1970)
Grand Funk Railroad- I’m Your Captain (Closer To Home) (1970)
Herman’s Hermits- Mrs. Brown You’ve Got A Lovely Daughter (1965)
James Taylor- Your Smiling Face (1977)
Jars Of Clay- Flood (1995)
John Denver- Sunshine On My Shoulders (1971)
Linda Ronstadt- Blue Bayou (1977)
Mary Wells- You Beat Me To The Punch (1962)
Meat Loaf- I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) (1993)
Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry (1966)
Paul Simon- 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (1975)
Peter, Paul, & Mary- Blowin’ In The Wind (1963)
Sam Cooke- Cupid (1961)
The Beach Boys- In My Room(1963)
The Crystals- Then He Kissed Me (1963)
The Dixie Cups- Chapel of Love (1964)
The Lovin Spoonful- Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind? (1966)
The Rolling Stones- Shattered (1978)
The Temptations- Ball Of Confusion (1970)
Three Dog Night- Easy To Be Hard (1969)
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers- Into The Great Wide Open (1991)

But remember- "Zoot Suit Riot" couldn't even get votes from anyone besides the two of us in the Jazz/Swing genre vote, so I don't think it would do that well in a general election.
Saturday, 08.30.14 @ 02:08am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Beatles, Roy wrote:
  THE BEATLES BILLBOARD BUBBLING UNDER HITS

01. 1963 - # 116 – From Me To You
02. 1965 - # 101 – I’m Down
03. 1965 - # 102 – Boys
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 23:36pm
Leave your own comment about The Beatles here.

About The Rolling Stones, Roy wrote:
  THE ROLLING STONES BILLBOARD BUBBLING UNDER HITS

01. 1965 - # 124 – What A Shame
02. 1995 - # 113 – You Got Me Rocking
03. 1995 - # 109 – Like A Rolling Stone
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 23:34pm
Leave your own comment about The Rolling Stones here.

About The Beach Boys, Roy wrote:
  THE BEACH BOYS BILLBOARD BUBBLING UNDER HITS

01. 1964 - # 120 – Why Do Fools Fall In Love
02. 1964 - # 101 – She Knows Me Too Well
03. 1970 - # 103 - Cottonfields
O4. 1972 - # 110 - Marcella
05. 1975 - # 101 – Barbara Ann
06. 1975 - # 103 – Wouldn’t It Be Nice
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 23:32pm
Leave your own comment about The Beach Boys here.

About The Bee Gees, Roy wrote:
  THE BEE GEES BILLBOARD BUBBLING UNDER HITS

01. 1967 - # 128 – I Can’t See Nobody
02. 1968 - # 116 – The Singer Sang His Song
03. 1973 - # 115 – Wouldn’t I Be Someone
04. 1974 - # 103 – Charade
05. 1994 - # 109 – For Whom The Bell Tolls
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 23:31pm
Leave your own comment about The Bee Gees here.

About The Album Project, PopeCharming wrote:
  Tom: I'd give strong consideration to:

Chicago- Chicago V (1972)
James Taylor- Gorilla (1975)
Miles Davis- Milestones (1958)
Spinal Tap- This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
The Yardbirds – Having A Rave Up With The Yardbirds (1965)

My favorite, by a long shot, is Chicago V, the best single-disc album the band ever made.

Greg: I'd strongly consider:

Johnny Winter- Second Winter (1969)
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble- Couldn't Stand The Weather (1984)
The Beach Boys- Holland (1974)
The Beach Boys- Surf's Up (1971)
Kate Bush- Never For Ever (1980)
Flashdance: Soundtrack (1983)
Thank God It's Friday: Soundtrack (1978)
Hair: Soundtrack (1969)
Steely Dan- Pretzel Logic (1974)
The Monkees- Headquarters (1967)
Tori Amos- Boys For Pele (1996)
Tori Amos- From The choirgirl Hotel (1998)

I'm glad we share a common commitment to getting more female singer-songwriters onto the projects.

Rockstar: I'll give Beyonce's newest album a more serious listen; you might want to re-nominate it.
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 23:21pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, jtrichey wrote:
  13 replacement noms:

Pearl Jam - Better Man (1994)
2Pac - Dear Mama (1995)
Santana feat. Rob Thomas - Smooth (1999)
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah (1994)
Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money Mo Problems (1997)
Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm (1993)
Seal - Kiss From A Rose (1995)
Radiohead - Karma Police (1997)
The Breeders - Cannonball (1993)
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name (1992)
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin And Juice (1993)
Pearl Jam - Even Flow (1991)
LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 23:12pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, PopeCharming wrote:
  My replacement nominations:

Alice In Chains - Rooster (1992)
Daft Punk - Around The World (1997)
Fiona Apple - Criminal (1996)
Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day (1992)
LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box (1993)
Pearl Jam - Better Man (1994)
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees (1995)
R.E.M. - Man On The Moon (1992)
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight (1995)
Sting - If I Ever Lose My Faith In You (1993)
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 22:59pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Jethro Tull, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RIP, Glenn Cornick, bass player on the first three Tull albums: "This Was," "Stand Up" and "Benefit"
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 20:47pm
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Tom H. wrote:
  Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (1998)
Blind Melon - No Rain (1992)
Bruce Springsteen - Streets Of Philadelphia (1994)
Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang (1992)
Santana feat. Rob Thomas - Smooth (1999)
Sting - If I Ever Lose My Faith In You (1993)
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song (1994)
The Black Crowes - Hard To Handle (1990)
Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Mary Jane's Last Dance (1993)
Weezer - Say It Ain't So (1994)
Weezer - Undone (The Sweater Song) (1994)
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (1992)
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 17:13pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Wire, Chuck AzEee! wrote:
  Pink Flag. And "Essential" purchase. "Chair Missing" is on the same wavelength as the debut, but a bit more "progressive" in nature. The third album "154" is absolutely stunning! Great band.
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 14:04pm
Leave your own comment about Wire here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Gassman wrote:
  My replacement nominations:

1. 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre - California Love (Remix) (1996)
2. Alice In Chains - Rooster (1992)
3. Blind Melon - No Rain (1992)
4. Coolio feat. L.V. - Gangsta's Paradise (1995)
5. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven (1992)
6. Fiona Apple - Criminal (1996)
7. Green Day - Basket Case (1994)
8. LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out (1990)
9. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy (1991)
10. Pavement - Cut Your Hair (1994)
11. Pearl Jam - Better Man (1994)
12. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away (1991)
13. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin And Juice (1993)
14. The Cranberries - Zombie (1994)
15. TLC - Waterfalls (1994)
16. Wallflowers - One Headlight (1996)
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 10:29am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  What qualities make an artist immortal?

This is just a reminder:

Once again, the "Behind The Music: Remastered" episode on Duran Duran, is scheduled to air on VH-1 Classic @ 11 a.m. E.D.T. on Wednesday September 3, 2014.

If this day had only included Duran Duran, it would have been great, but with the "Behind The Music: Remastered" episode on Genesis airing @ 8 a.m. EDT and Rush's "Beyond The Lighted Stage" documentary airing @ 4:30 p.m. EDT on the same day, this is indeed a day to celebrate "art rock," in all of it's unabased glory.

As Neil Peart said in the Chapter: New World Men: "We all loved the music of that time... We were young enough to be influenced by ... We've never said that doesn't suit Rush.. Those words have never been spoken... "

In an earlier chapter, Alex Lifeson mentioned that he and Geddy were into "groups like Yes, Genesis and Pink Floyd, whereas John Rutsey was more into Bad Company..."

Geddy Lee said that Alex Lifeson had dressed like Simon Le Bon in another interview.

During the same time that Rush was being inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, Duran Duran had won the Bay area poll on which artist had deserved to be inducted next into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

Add that to the fact that many Rush fans also like Duran Duran and vice versa and I think that Duran Duran has a very legitimate reason for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

I have actively supported Duran Duran's induction at least for the past two years and had supported Rush's induction for the 15 years prior to their actual induction. The "Behind The Music: Remastered" episode on Duran Duran has been airing approximately once per month. Is this just a coincidence?

Here is some food for thought:

While the rest of us were sleeping, Duran Duran was quickly
becoming a formidable group of outstanding musicians. Their
artistic vision would also include the use of highly innovative
music videos. One of their most recent videos, "Girl Panic"
transcends the genre. Their most recent live concert, "A Diamond In The Mind: Live 2011" is another spectacularly artistic triumph.

I am really starting to wonder, what will it take for Duran Duran to finally receive a nomination? Their induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is now long overdue (8 years overdue, to be exact).

By the way, here is a link to that page:

I am terribly sorry, I had needed to amend that last posting a bit:

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
   Back in April, 2013 when Rush, Heart, Randy Newman, the late Donna Summer & Albert King and Public Enemy were being inducted as performers into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, Duran Duran was winning a Bay area opinion poll on who had next deserved to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.

I am mentioning Rush once again, because the following opinion poll affects both Geddy Lee of Rush and John Taylor of Duran Duran. According to a Music Radar poll, John Taylor has once again beaten Geddy Lee of Rush as the world's best bassist:

I think that this alone is very significant. Add this to the fact that Duran Duran has in one form or another existed for over 36 consecutive years, has been instrumental in creating great music for more than 33 years, has pioneeered the use of artistic videos, has produced great concerts, has remained innovative and has been quite influential, not to mention the fact that "A Diamond In The Mind" is a superlative concert video; Wow! I had no idea that Duran Duran was that great in concert! Maybe, the RRHOF Nominating Committee members need to watch this BluRay, or DVD?

Isn't about time that the members of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Nominating Committee take all of these factors into consideration and at the very least, nominate Duran Duran for induction into this esteemed institution?

Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, Roger Taylor, Warren Cuccurullo and Andy Taylor have given us more than 3 decades of great music, great lyrics, innovative videos and timeless songs. Isn't it time for Duran Duran to receive a nomination for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

Friday, 08.29.14 @ 10:16am
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About the eligibility class of 2029, Paul in KY wrote:
  I didn't think Franz Ferdinand had been around as long as The Killers. Need to give these bands some time, GFW. They have another 15 years to make their case. The Killers (right now) are headlining major music festivals. I have seen them live & they are awesome.

Other bands from this year that I have seen live are:

City & Colour (really like them, no chance right now)

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (Holy Shit, is Grace Potter wonderful! Sure want to see them again. A candidate, if she keeps rocking like she's been)

Manchester Orchestra (Fine pop band, like their shows. Not a candidate)

Trampled By Turtles (Have seen these guys twice. Great bluegrass band. Candidates for Bluegrass HOF)

Wolfmother (Saw them at Hangout. They will rock you into next week. Probably no chance, but one hell of a band)
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 07:47am
Leave your own comment about 2029 here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:

Radiohead - High And Dry
Smashing Pumpkins - Today
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin And Juice
Tool - Sober
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
Friday, 08.29.14 @ 03:21am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.