Latest Comments

Artist vote:

Harry Nilsson
Kevin Ayers
Little Feat
Robert Wyatt
Friday, 05.6.16 @ 02:36am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, joker wrote:
  B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head (1969)
Merle Haggard - If We Make It Through December (1974)
Paul Hardcastle - 19 (1985)
Three Dog Night - Easy to Be Hard (1969)
The Ides Of March - Vehicle (1970)
Weather Report- Birdland (1977)
Ian Dury - Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (1977)
Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) (1993)
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Walk On The Ocean (1992)
Sam Roberts - Brother Down (2002)
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (1988)
Fela Kuti - Zombie (1976)

Artists with Only 1 Song in The Song Project

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow (1967) - 5
Prince & the Revolution - 1999 (1982) - 4
Adele - 21 (2011) - 3
Buddy Holly & The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets (1957) - 2
Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (1967) - 1
Friday, 05.6.16 @ 01:23am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, jtrichey wrote:
  Ooooh, in that case put Pearl Jam - Vs at the top of the ranking list for me and knock every thing else down a peg.

Good news to me as it's in my personal top 3 of all time.
Friday, 05.6.16 @ 00:05am
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Gassman wrote:
  Darren: I have Pearl Jam - Vs. (1993) with 99 nomination votes and should be in this final tiebreaker instead of Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow (1967).

Darren: 27
jtrichey: 30
Max: 10
Mike: 24
DarinRG: 8

Total: 99

Your numbers match with me for other qualifying albums.
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 23:33pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Elton John, Roy wrote:
  ALL ELTON JOHN DUETS

01. 1975: Bad Blood (Neil Sedaka with Elton John)
02. 1976: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John and Kiki Dee)
03. 1980: Donner Pour Donner (Elton John and France Gall)
04. 1985: That’s What Friends Are For (Dionne and Friends)
05. 1985: Act Of War (Elton John and Millie Jackson)
06. 1985: Wrap Her Up (Elton John and George Michael)
07. 1985: Slow Rivers (Elton John and Cliff Richard)
08. 1987: Billy Fury (Bernie Taupin and Elton John)
09. 1987: Flames Of Paradise (Jennifer Rush and Elton John)
10. 1989: Through The Storm (Aretha Franklin and Elton John)
11. 1991: Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (George Michael and Elton John)
12. 1992: Runaway Train (Elton John and Eric Clapton)
13. 1992: Up The Revolution (Elton John and the Bee Gees)
14. 1993: Teardrops (Elton John and k.d. lang)
15. 1993: When I Think About Love (I Think About You) (Elton John and P.M. Dawn)
16. 1993: The Power (Elton John and Little Richard)
17. 1993: Shakey Ground (Elton John and Don Henley)
18. 1993: True Love (Elton John and Kiki Dee)
19. 1993: If You Were Me (Elton John and Chris Rea)
20. 1993: A Woman’s Needs (Elton John and Tammy Wynette)
21. 1993: Old Friend (Elton John and Nik Kershaw)
22. 1993: Go On And On (Elton John and Gladys Knight)
23. 1993: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John and RuPaul)
24. 1993: Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing (Elton John and Marcella Detroit)
25. 1993: I’m Your Puppet (Elton John and Paul Young)
26. 1993: Love Letters (Elton John and Bonnie Raitt)
27. 1993: Born To Lose (Elton John and Leonard Cohen)
28. 1994: Amen (Elton John with Sounds Of Blackness)
29. 1998: 2oth Century Blues (Elton John with Neil Tennant)
30. 1999: Written In The Stars (Elton John and LeAnn Rimes)
31. 1999: I Know The Truth (Elton John with Janet Jackson)
32. 1999: A Step Too Far (Elton John, Heather Headley, Sherie Scott)
33. 1999: White Christmas (Rosie O'Donnell and Elton John)
34. 1999: The Messenger (Elton John and Lulu)
35. 2000: It’s Tough To Be A God (Elton John and Randy Newman)
36. 2000: Perfect Day (Collective Soul and Elton John)
37. 2002: Teardrops (Lulu and Elton John)
38. 2002: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Blue with Elton John)
39. 2002: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Ray Charles and Elton John)
40. 2004: How Could We Still Be Dancin’ (Brian Wilson and Elton John)
41. 2005: Rock This House (B.B. King and Elton John)
42. 2005: Makin’ Whoopee (Rod Stewart and Elton John)
43. 2005: Anyone Who Had A Heart (Luther Vandross and Elton John)
44. 2005: Calling It Christmas (Elton John and Joss Stone)
45. 2005: In Private (Pet Shop Boys and Elton John)
46. 2006: Alone Again (Pet Shop Boys and Elton John)
47. 2006: Rags To Riches (Tony Bennett and Elton John)
48. 2008: Hier Encore (Charles Aznavour and Elton John)
49. 2008: Yesterday When I Was Young (Charles Aznavour and Elton John)
50. 2009: Caroline (Brandi Carlile with Elton John)
51. 2009: Black Gives Way To Blue (Alice In Chains with Elton John)
52. 2010: If It Wasn't For Bad (Elton John and Leon Russell)
53. 2010: Eight Hundred Dollar Shoes (Elton John and Leon Russell)
54. 2010: Hey Ahab (Elton John and Leon Russell)
55. 2010: Gone To Shiloh (Elton John, Leon Russell, Neil Young)
56. 2010: Hearts Have Turned To Stone (Elton John and Leon Russell)
57. 2010: Jimmie Rodger's Dream (Elton John and Leon Russell)
58. 2010: There's No Tomorrow (Elton John and Leon Russell)
59. 2010: Monkey Suit (Elton John and Leon Russell)
60. 2010: The Best Part Of The Day (Elton John and Leon Russell)
61. 2010: A Dream Come True (Elton John and Leon Russell)
62. 2010: I Should Have Sent Roses (Elton John and Leon Russell)
63. 2010: When Love Is Dying (Elton John and Leon Russell)
64. 2010: My Kind Of Hell (Elton John and Leon Russell)
65. 2010: Mandalay Again (Elton John and Leon Russell)
66. 2010: Never Too Old (To Hold Somebody) (Elton John and Leon Russell)
67. 2010: In The Hands Of Angels (Elton John and Leon Russell)
68. 2011: Snowed In At Wheeler Street (Kate Bush and Elton John)
69. 2013: Save Rock And Roll (Fall Out Boy and Elton John)
70. 2013: Fairweather Friends (Queens Of The Stone Age and Elton John)
71. 2013: Oh Well (2Cellos and Elton John)
72. 2013: Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Straight No Chaser with Elton John)
73. 2014: The Tracks Of My Tears (Smokey Robinson and Elton John)
74. 2014: Something About The Way You Look Tonight (Engelbert Humperdinck and Elton John)
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 21:18pm
Leave your own comment about Elton John here.

About The Immortals, dmg wrote:
  I've read that Little Richard isn't doing so well. We might not have him for very much longer.
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 19:06pm
Leave your own comment about The Immortals here.

About The Immortals, Classic Rock wrote:
  Some of the Immortals still with us are getting up there:

Chuck Berry 89
Tina Turner 76!
Smokey Robinson 76
Ginger Baker 76
Mike Love 75
Ringo 75
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 18:47pm
Leave your own comment about The Immortals here.

About The Song Project, Joe wrote:
  Here’s My Ballot….
A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet in El Segundo (1990)
B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head (1969)
Chaka Khan - I Feel For You (1984)
Destiny’s Child - Say My Name (1999)
Mariah Carey - Hero (1993)
Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979)
Prince and the Revolution - Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince and the Revolution - I Would Die 4 U (1984)
Robin Thicke (feat. T.I. And Pharrell) - Blurred Lines (2013)
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody) (1983)
Three Dog Night – Easy To Be Hard (1969)
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky (1982)

1960’s R&B/Soul
1980’s R&B/Soul
80’s/90’s Mainstream Rap Hits
2000’s Pop Music
The British Invasion

Christina Aguilera
Chuck Berry
Mariah Carey
Prince
Steely Dan
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 17:25pm

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:
  General Ballot:
Destiny's Child - Say My Name (1999)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (2015)
Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979)
Prince - U Got the Look (1987)
Prince and the New Power Generation - 7 (1992)
Prince and the New Power Generation - Cream (1991)
Prince and the New Power Generation - Gett Off (1991)
Prince and the Revolution - Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince and the Revolution - I Would Die 4 U (1984)
Robin Thicke (feat. T.I. And Pharrell) - Blurred Lines (2013)
The Hollies - Carrie Anne (1967)
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky (1982)

Last Cuts and Would Support in the Future (Lots):
A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet in El Segundo (1990)
AC/DC - Hells Bells (1980)
B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head (1969)
Big Mama Thornton - Ball and Chain (1968)
Bon Jovi - Always (1994)
Chaka Khan - I Feel For You (1984)
Mariah Carey - Hero (1993)
New York Dolls - Trash (1973)
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama, I'm Coming Home (1991)
Prince - Alphabet St. (1988)
Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand (1996)
Sting - Desert Rose (1999)
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (1983)
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (1988)
The Who - You Better You Bet (1981)
Three Dog Night - Easy to Be Hard (1969)

Genre Ballot:
1960s R&B/Soul
1980s R&B/Soul
Blues/Blues Rock
Songs That Lost the Tiebreaker
The British Invasion

Artist Ballot:
Genesis
Leonard Cohen
Prince
Steely Dan
Tom Waits
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 16:15pm

About The Carpenters, Tom NJ wrote:
  The Carpenters??? Are we talking about the ROCK N ROLL HOF here? Did the Carpenters ever make a rock n roll song?? They should be in the "Top 40" HOF!! Not the RnR HOF!
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 13:45pm
Leave your own comment about The Carpenters here.

About Bon Jovi, Tom NJ wrote:
  Bon Jovi is the most over rated band in music history!! They are the equivalent of a "wedding band"! John Bon Jovi and his melodramatic vocals is a mediocre singer at best. One of the worst song writers ever! Richie Sambora is decent guitar player but nothing special. If not for MTV exploiting their effeminate looks and exploits they would be playing the local bowling alley on weekends. They belong with the Partridge family, The Osmond brothers, and the Back street Boys. Once those bands are in the HOF, Bon Jovi has my vote.
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 13:35pm
Leave your own comment about Bon Jovi here.

About My Chemical Romance, Paul in KY wrote:
  Thank you for your comments, Andrea. I had the pleasure of seeing Gerard & the boys twice. Both times great shows. Hope you get to see him perform someday.

As far as Hall, I personally would say no or that they would be inducted when they are all quite old. Now if they got back together & released at least 2 more great albums (like The Black Parade), then that would be a different story. have fun in The Phillipines!!
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 07:42am
Leave your own comment about My Chemical Romance here.

About Steve Miller Band, Roy wrote:
  Because of Steve Miller's rant, the press room at the Rock Hall induction ceremony was closed early to reporters. Only photographers remained. So Chicago and Cheap Trick didn't get to be asked much questions backstage.
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 05:44am
Leave your own comment about Steve Miller Band here.

About Elton John, Roy wrote:
  ELTON JOHN DUETS BEFORE AND AFTER THE 1993 DUETS ALBUM AND NOT COUNTING THE AIDA SOUNDTRACK, THE UNION ALBUM WITH LEON RUSSELL, OR LIVE DUETS WITH JOHN LENNON OR ANYONE ELSE, WITH ONE EXCEPTION

01. 1975: Bad Blood (Neil Sedaka with Elton John)
02. 1976: Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John and Kiki Dee)
03. 1980: Donner Pour Donner (Elton John and France Gall)
04. 1985: That’s What Friends Are For (Dionne and Friends)
05. 1985: Act Of War (Elton John and Millie Jackson)
06. 1985: Wrap Her Up (Elton John and George Michael)
07. 1985: Slow Rivers (Elton John and Cliff Richard)
08. 1987: Billy Fury (Bernie Taupin and Elton John)
09. 1987: Flames Of Paradise (Jennifer Rush and Elton John)
10. 1989: Through The Storm (Aretha Franklin and Elton John)
11. 1991: Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (George Michael and Elton John)
12. 1992: Runaway Train (Elton John and Eric Clapton)
13. 1992: Up The Revolution (Elton John and the Bee Gees)
14. 1994: Amen (Elton John with Sounds Of Blackness)
15. 1998: 2oth Century Blues (Elton John with Neil Tennant)
16. 2000: It’s Tough To Be A God (Elton John and Randy Newman)
17. 2002: Teardrops (Lulu and Elton John)
18. 2002: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (Ray Charles and Elton John)
19. 2004: How Could We Still Be Dancin’ (Brian Wilson and Elton John)
20. 2005: Rock This House (B.B. King and Elton John)
21. 2005: Makin’ Whoopee (Rod Stewart and Elton John)
22. 2005: Anyone Who Had A Heart (Luther Vandross and Elton John)
23. 2005: Calling It Christmas (Elton John and Joss Stone)
24. 2005: In Private (Pet Shop Boys and Elton John)
25. 2006: Alone Again (Pet Shop Boys and Elton John)
26. 2006: Rags To Riches (Tony Bennett and Elton John)
27. 2008: Hier Encore (Charles Aznavour and Elton John)
28. 2008: Yesterday When I Was Young (Charles Aznavour and Elton John)
29. 2009: Caroline (Brandi Carlile with Elton John)
30. 2009: Black Gives Way To Blue (Alice In Chains with Elton John)
31. 2011: Snowed In At Wheeler Street (Kate Bush and Elton John)
32. 2013: Save Rock And Roll (Fall Out Boy and Elton John)
33. 2013: Fairweather Friends (Queens Of The Stone Age and Elton John)
34. 2013: Oh Well (2Cellos and Elton John)
35. 2013: Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Straight No Chaser with Elton John)
36. 2014: The Tracks Of My Tears (Smokey Robinson and Elton John)
37. 2014: Something About The Way You Look Tonight (Engelbert Humperdinck and Elton John)
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 05:14am
Leave your own comment about Elton John here.

About My Chemical Romance, Andy wrote:
  They're talented, none of their songs are shit, and although contrary to what majority of the world would call rock and roll, they've definitely made their mark in the world of music and though a lot of people would say not all their songs are hits or fall under the genre "Rock" (since they are known to perform under various musical genres), all of them had great messages to the audience that listened to them to serve as a channel to save people's lives through their music. How long they've lasted and how many hits or awards they've won don't mean much compared to the influence they had to their listeners.

THEY SHOULD BE INDUCTED I 100% AGREE.
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 04:18am
Leave your own comment about My Chemical Romance here.

About My Chemical Romance, Andrea wrote:
  I honestly think, that with all my heart and soul, MCR should be inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame. Not only because of their music but also because of their purpose and wide range of influence on other people. They're very much different compared to the main stream artists out there and they themselves knew that and embraced that fact. I also think a huge reason as to why they should be included is because they started the band with a purpose. While other bands would say something along the lines of, "We're just a couple of normal guys who wanted to make music," MCR was a bunch of outcasts who turned to music when they wanted to make something significant out of their lives, and used it as a medium to get through to fans who experienced the same things they did. Although I agree that they weren't the best of all rock bands, nor the most long-running ones, and that not all of their songs were hits, their music although branching out to several different music genres, all had a stamp of quality to them that made them truly MCR. (And to be honest, none of their songs was shit so kudos to them.) No matter what age or musical preference or race of the audience they always managed to reach out to people, not only through their music but the messages written in each and every one of their songs. They were great at what they did while it lasted, and I'm glad they ended with a bang rather than being left out to rust.

They had the drive, and the talent, and the purpose to save people's lives. I think it's safe to say they deserve a ticket into the Hall of Fame.

Hope this helped (?)-
Andrea (15 y.o) from the Philippines
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 04:10am
Leave your own comment about My Chemical Romance here.

About Pat Benatar, RICHARD wrote:
  PAT BENATAR NOT BEING INDUCTED INTO RRHOF IS A ANOTHER SMACK IN THE FACE TO WOMEN JUST LIKE THE THE USNWST NOT PAYING THEM FAIRLY JUST TOTALLY DIGUSTED ON HOW FAR WE STILL HAVE TO GO IN THIS COUNTRY FOR WOMEN TO GET RESPECT FOR GR8NESS

Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 03:36am
Leave your own comment about Pat Benatar here.

About The Album Project, Gassman wrote:
  Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (2015)
Chris Stapleton - Traveller (2015)
Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear (2015)
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities To Love (2015)
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (2015)
The Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses) (1971)

Some ridiculous cuts I had to make:

Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (2015)

The Decemberists - What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World (Yes I nominated it, but there are too many other great 2015 albums that have been nominated)

Tame Impala - Currents (2015)

Wilco - Star Wars (2015)

2010's
Country
Post-Rock

Al Green
Depeche Mode
Neil Young
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 02:24am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Gassman wrote:
  Father John Misty - Holy Shit (2015)
Kacey Musgraves - Biscuits (2015)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (2015)
Kurt Vile - Pretty Pimpin (2015)
Miguel - Coffee (2015)
Prince - U Got the Look (1987)
Prince and the New Power Generation - Gett Off (1991)
Prince and the Revolution - Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince and the Revolution - I Would Die 4 U (1984)
Tame Impala - Let It Happen (2015)
The Chemical Brothers feat. Q-Tip - Go (2015)
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (1988)

Arcade Fire
Kendrick Lamar
Prince

2010 Songs
Hip Hop of the 2010's
Songs That Lost A Tiebreaker
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 02:16am

About The Song Project, Steve Z wrote:
  AC/DC - Hells Bells (1980)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (2015)
Kurt Vile - Pretty Pimpin (2015)
Mastodon - Blood and Thunder (2004)
Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) (1993)
Neon Indian - Polish Girl (2011)
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama, I'm Coming Home (1991)
Seatbelts/Yoko Kanno - Tank! (1998)
Tame Impala - Let It Happen (2015)
The Hollies - Carrie Anne (1967)
The Ides Of March - Vehicle (1970)
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky (1982)

Artists Without a Page on FRL
Female Artists
Hip-Hop/Rap
House/Techno/Trance
Punk Rock/Hardcore Punk

Arcade Fire
Electric Light Orchestra
Joy Division
The Cars
The Four Seasons
Thursday, 05.5.16 @ 02:14am

About The Song Project, jtrichey wrote:
  A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet in El Segundo (1990)
AC/DC - Hells Bells (1980)
Atlas Genius - Molecules (2015)
B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head (1969)
INXS - The One Thing (1982)
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama, I'm Coming Home (1991)
Paul Hardcastle - 19 (1985)
Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979)
Prince and the New Power Generation - 7 (1992)
Prince and the Revolution - Darling Nikki (1984)
The Who - You Better You Bet (1981)
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Walk On The Ocean (1992)

Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 23:29pm

About The Album Project, jtrichey wrote:
  Cheap Trick - Dream Police (1979)
Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (2015)
Poe - Haunted (2000)
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities To Love (2015)
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna (1981)
The Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness (2015)
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 23:22pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, jtrichey wrote:
  1. Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (1989) 15 pts
2. Prince & the Revolution - 1999 (1982)
3. The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968)
4. Adele - 21 (2011)
5. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993)
6. Queen - A Night At The Opera (1975)
7. Sly & The Family Stone - Stand! (1969)
8. Green Day - American Idiot (2004)
9. Beck - Odelay (1996)
10. Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic (1975)
11. Buddy Holly & The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets (1957)
12. Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (1967)
13. Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (1995)
14. Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow (1967)
15. Green Day - Dookie (1994)
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 23:19pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Album Project, Tom H. wrote:
  Just Realized that The Grateful Dead- Blues for Allah (1975) was inducted last month. The Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street (1978) should be automatically nominated for losing the tie breaker.
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 23:14pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Nick wrote:
Buddy Holly & The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets (1957) - 5
Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (1995) - 4
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993) - 3
Queen - A Night At The Opera (1975) - 2
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968) - 1
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 23:09pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, DarinRG wrote:
  An unfortunate ending to a ranking project that has actually been pretty decent as a whole. Our list of unranked albums is far more impressive and substantial than our 50-100.

Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (1995)
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993)
Prince & the Revolution - 1999 (1982)
Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (1967)
Beck - Odelay (1996)
Sly & The Family Stone - Stand! (1969)
Buddy Holly & The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets (1957)
Queen - A Night At The Opera (1975)
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow (1967)
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968)
Green Day - American Idiot (2004)
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (1989)
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic (1975)
Green Day - Dookie (1994)
Adele - 21 (2011)
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 22:31pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Tom H. wrote:
Prince & the Revolution - 1999 (1982)-5
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (1989)-4
Adele - 21 (2011)-3
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968)-2
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic (1975)-1
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 21:25pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Max wrote:
Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (1967) - 5
Green Day - American Idiot (2004) - 4
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic (1975) - 3
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968) - 2
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993) - 1
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 21:08pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Album Project, Max wrote:
  Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (2015)
Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear (2015)
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (2015)
Tame Impala - Currents (2015)
The Grateful Dead - Blues for Allah (1975)
The Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses) (1971)

2010's
Ambient
Bluegrass
Country
Novelty

Buddy Guy
Dr. John
Little Feat
Neil Young
Pearl Jam
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 20:58pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Max wrote:
  Buck Owens & His Buckaroos - I've Got A Tiger By The Tail (1964)
Father John Misty - Holy Shit (2015)
Fela Kuti - Zombie (1976)
Kendrick Lamar - u (2015)
Merle Haggard - If We Make It Through December (1974)
Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (2015)
Prince - Batdance (1989)
Prince and the New Power Generation - Cream (1991)
Prince and the Revolution - Darling Nikki (1984)
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (1983)
Tame Impala - Let It Happen (2015)
Toad The Wet Sprocket - Walk On The Ocean (1992)
This was a REALLY hard ballot. I’d list last cuts if there weren't like 20 of them.

80's / 90's Mainstream Rap Hits
Artists Without a Page on FRL
Country
Funk Rock
Lesser Known Originals
I really hope country wins, because right now Styx has more songs in than Waylon Jennings.

Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
Prince
Radiohead
Tom Waits
Last cuts were Fela, PJ, Kenny Lama
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 19:55pm

About The Album Project, DarinRG wrote:
  Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear (2015)
Ian Dury - New Boots and Panties!! (1977)
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Apocalypse (1974)
Pretty Things - S.F. Sorrow (1968)
Sleater-Kinney - No Cities To Love (2015)
Wilco- Star Wars (2015)

Genre:

Ambient
Avant-Garde
Bluegrass
Exotica/Space Age Pop
Post-Rock

Artist:

Buddy Guy
Dr. John
Kevin Ayers
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Swans
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 18:01pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, DarinRG wrote:
  Artist:

Fela Kuti
Merle Haggard
Joy Division
Leonard Cohen
Tom Waits

Genre:

Artists with Only 1 Song in The Song Project
House/Techno/Trance
Post 90's Music (90-02/03-15)
Punk Rock/Hardcore Punk
Songs not in English
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 17:39pm

About The Song Project, Greg F wrote:
  Prince- I Wanna be Your Lover (1979)
Prince- Controversy (1981)
Prince- Gold (1995)
Prince & the Revolution- Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince & the Revolution- I Would Die 4 U (1984)
Prince & the New Power Generation- Cream (1991)
Prince- U Got The Look (1987)
Neon Indian- Polish Girl (2011)
Kacey Musgraves- Biscuits (2015)
Big Mama Thornton- Ball and Chain (1968)
Kendrick Lamar- King Kunta (2015)
Ian Dury- Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll (1977)

Blues/Blues Rock
Country
2010's Songs
House/ Techno/Trance
Lesser Known Originals

Chuck Berry
Christina Agulera
Prince
Merle Haggard
Steely Dan
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 17:24pm

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
  My Internet connection at home has been sketchy today, so I'm posting this early, in case I can't post it later.

Voting is still technically open until 10 PM Central, so if there are more votes after I post this, I'll add them and update the results tonight if possible and tomorrow morning if necessary.

Here are the final results (let me know ASAP if there are any errors):

Green Day - American Idiot (2004) - 120

The Pretenders - Pretenders (1980) - 37
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run (1973) - 35
Kanye West - The College Dropout (2004) - 34
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Texas Flood (1983) - 29
Weezer - Weezer (Blue Album) (1994) - 24
Aretha Franklin - Aretha: Lady Soul (1968) - 14

Voting is now open for the Round 7 final rankings.

The following albums have been qualified to be ranked between #86 and #100 in the Overall Top 100 rankings:

Adele - 21 (2011)
Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic (1975)
Aretha Franklin - I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (1967)
Beck - Odelay (1996)
Buddy Holly & The Crickets - The "Chirping" Crickets (1957)
Green Day - American Idiot (2004)
Green Day - Dookie (1994)
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow (1967)
Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (1995)
Prince & the Revolution - 1999 (1982)
Queen - A Night At The Opera (1975)
Sly & The Family Stone - Stand! (1969)
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (1993)
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (1968)
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever (1989)

To participate in the final rankings, rank all 15 albums in order of preference. The highest-ranked song gets 15 points, the second-highest 14 and so on.

The final points totals will be the rankings in the Overall Top 100 and will fill out the next available rankings in each group's rankings as well.

In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker is the album's score in this round's initial ranking. The second tiebreaker is determined by giving one point to each album for being the highest-ranked album on each individual's final ranking this round. The third tiebreaker is the same as the second tiebreaker, except for using the initial rankings. If the tie still isn't resolved, there will be a head-to-head tiebreaker vote after the conclusion of all rankings in the project.

There will be two days of final rankings.

Final rankings will end at 10 PM Central on Friday the 6th.
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 17:22pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Song Project, Derek wrote:
  Chaka Khan – I Feel For You (1984)
Mariah Carey – Hero (1993)
Prince – Alphabet St. (1988)
Prince – Controversy (1981)
Prince – U Got the Look (1987)
Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979)
Prince and the New Power Generation – 7 (1992)
Prince and the New Power Generation – Cream (1991)
Prince and the New Power Generation – Gett Off (1991)
Prince and the Revolution – Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince and the Revolution – I Would Die 4 U (1984)
Robin Thicke (feat. T.I. And Pharrell) – Blurred Lines (2013)

1960’s R&B/Soul
1980’s R&B/Soul
80's/90's Mainstream Rap Hits
Female Artists
The British Invasion

Christina Aguilera
Genesis
Mariah Carey
Prince
The Four Seasons
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 15:55pm

About The Song Project, Derek wrote:
  Chaka Khan – I Feel For You (1984)
Mariah Carey – Hero (1993)
Prince – Alphabet St. (1988)
Prince – Controversy (1981)
Prince – U Got the Look (1987)
Prince – I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979)
Prince and the New Power Generation – 7 (1992)
Prince and the New Power Generation – Cream (1991)
Prince and the New Power Generation – Gett Off (1991)
Prince and the Revolution – Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince and the Revolution – I Would Die 4 U (1984)
Robin Thicke (feat. T.I. And Pharrell) – Blurred Lines (2013)

1960’s R&B/Soul
1980’s R&B/Soul
80's/90's Mainstream Rap Hits
Female Artists
The British Invasion

Christina Aguilera
Genesis
Mariah Carey
Prince
The Four Seasons
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 15:51pm

About The Song Project, Dave wrote:
  AC/DC - Hells Bells (1980)
Bon Jovi - Always (1994)
Destiny's Child - Say My Name (1999)
Robin Thicke (feat. T.I. And Pharrell) - Blurred Lines (2013)
Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (1979)
Prince and the New Power Generation - 7 (1992)
Prince and the New Power Generation - Cream (1991)
Prince and the Revolution - Darling Nikki (1984)
Prince and the Revolution - I Would Die 4 U (1984)
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (1988)
The Who - You Better You Bet (1981)
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - You Got Lucky (1982)

Genesis
Led Zeppelin
Prince
Steely Dan
The Four Seasons

1960s R&B/Soul

1980s R&B/Soul
Art Rock/Progressive Rock
Blues/Blues Rock

The British Invasion
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 15:29pm

About The Song Project, Billy R wrote:
   General Vote:
A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet in El Segundo (1990)
B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head (1969)
Buck Owens & His Buckaroos - I've Got A Tiger By The Tail (1964)
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism (2003)
Ian Dury - Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (1977)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (2015)
Kendrick Lamar - u (2015)
Merle Haggard - If We Make It Through December (1974)
Mike Posner - I Took a Pill in Ibiza (2015)
Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) (1983)
Robin Thicke (feat. T.I. And Pharrell) - Blurred Lines (2013)
X Ambassadors - Renegades (2015)

Genre Vote:
2010 Songs
Artists Without a Page on FRL
Country
Female Artists
Post 90's Music (90-02/03-15)

Artist Vote:
Arcade Fire
Chuck Berry
Johnny Cash
Lonnie Mack
Mariah Carey
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 14:17pm

About The Album Project, Greg F wrote:
  Chris Stapleton- Traveller (2015)
Madhouse- 8 (1987)
Janet Jackson- Unbreakable (2015)
Stevie Nicks- Bella Donna (1981)
Pretty Things- S.F. Sorrow (1968)
Wilco- Star Wars (2015)

Ambient
Avant Garde
90's Electronica
Exotica/Space Age Pop
Post Rock

Depeche Mode
Harry Nilsson
Warren Zevon
Little Feat
Pearl Jam
Wednesday, 05.4.16 @ 14:16pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.