Latest Comments

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Gassman wrote:
  This is a great list, Gassman! I'm curious, though- what made South Dakota a tiny bit more influential than Wyoming?

Posted by PopeCharming on Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 16:01pm

I figured larger population, more musicians. Really no rhyme or reason for the last 4, not a lot there.
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 13:21pm

About Type O Negative, Philip wrote:
  Huh, look at that. My Irony Detector just exploded.
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 13:06pm
Leave your own comment about Type O Negative here.

About Type O Negative, Shock wrote:
  The RRHoF doesn't deserve an act like Type O Negative, much less a contemporary genius like Peter Steele. It would be an insult to have them merely listed amongst so many unworthy acts. Pete is a God amongst insects. I'm proud to be one of the few who truly gets TON, and to also be someone who recognizes that most of TON fans are sniveling faux intellectual peons.
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 12:55pm
Leave your own comment about Type O Negative here.

About Trooper, Philip wrote:
  Trooper: important in Canada.... and absolutely nowhere else.
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 11:16am
Leave your own comment about Trooper here.

About the 2014 Inductees, Roy wrote:

2014 R&B MUSIC HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY & CONCERT

Plus two other awards and the 70′s Soul R&B Concert!!! More entertainment will be added.

The Whispers, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Marvin Gaye, The Delfonics, Chubby Checker, The Sweet Inspiration, The Dells, The Funk Brothers, Norm N. Nite, The Spinners, The Imperial Wonders, The Impressions , Russell Tompkins of the Stylistics, Joe Jackson father of Micheal Jackson will receive The Living Legend Award.
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 10:23am
Leave your own comment about the 2014 Inductees here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Tom H. wrote:
  Bo Diddley - Who Do You Love? (1957)
Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen (1958)
Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now (1958)
Danny And The Juniors - At The Hop (1957)
Dinah Washington - What A Difference A Day Made (1959)
Elvis Presley - Don't Be Cruel (1956)
Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Work With Me, Annie (1954)
Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning (1956)
John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillen (1948)
Johnny Burnette And The Rock 'n' Roll Trio - Train Kept A-Rollin' (1956)
Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee (1959)
Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man (1954)
Nat "King" Cole - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (1946)
Robert Johnson - Cross Road Blues (1937)
Ruth Brown - (Mama) He Treats Your Daughter Mean (1953)
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 10:16am

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Gassman wrote:
  My replacement nominations:

Bobby Darin - Splish Splash (1957)
Burl Ives - (Ghost) Riders In The Sky (1949)
Chuck Berry - School Days (1957)
Edith Piaf - La Vie En Rose (1946)
Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes (1956)
Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me (1958)
Hank Williams - Jambalaya (1952)
Hank Williams - Move It On Over (1947)
Lead Belly - The Midnight Special (1934)
Little Anthony And The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow (1958)
Friday, 04.18.14 @ 00:13am

About Rock Hall Projected, Lax31 wrote:
  Hello fellow posters!

I must apologize that I have been away from the Revisited/Projected Rock Hall Project part of the website longer than I should be. Thankfully, tax season is over so I may be able to devote more energy to projecting our next election cycle for our Crown Jewel. What I will be doing involves going over the past few genre discussions over the last 4 months or so, and present whom I think is worthy of induction. Obviously, this will not be done tonight or even in one full night. Yet, I think many of you fellow posters want to hear my opinions and preferences on who may go in by October .

I shall be back shortly,

Lax31
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 22:55pm
Leave your own comment about Rock Hall Projected here.

About The Song Project, Lax31 wrote:
  My ballot for this first part of our special election is as follows.

Herbie Hancock - Rockit (1983)
Grandmaster Flash and Grandmaster Melle Mel - White Lines (1983)
Eric B. & Rakim - Follow The Leader (1988)
N.W.A. - Express Yourself (1988)
Christopher Wallace/The Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa (1995)
Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies (1987)
Run DMC - Run's House (1988)
LL Cool J - I'm Bad (1991)
Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg - F*** Wit Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin') (1992)

Highly anticipating voting on the past 18 years,

Lax31
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 22:45pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Wilson Phillips, Roy wrote:
  Hold On * Release Me * You’re In Love * Impulsive * The Dream Is Still Alive * You Won’t See Me Cry * Give It Up
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 22:28pm
Leave your own comment about Wilson Phillips here.

About The Album Project, Lax31 wrote:
  my ballot may be a bit pedestrian, yet it is still a legitimate ballot. Here then is the 70s Singer-Songwriter ballot for this month's special election in the Album Project.

Jackson Browne - Running On Empty (1977)
Paul Simon - self titled 1972 album
Tom Waits - Closing Time (1973)
Billy Joel - 52nd Street (1978)
Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) - Catch Bull At Four (1972)
Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star (1973)

I promise to add more genders in the next election,

Lax31
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 22:05pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Spinners, tom wrote:
  We will never know what could have been with bands like the spinners, gladys knight and the pips, and other b-listers at motown. even the earlier motown stars were b-listed after the temps, the tops, the supremes etc. came out. they made the best of it however in the 70s. what other pop/soul hits of the 70s get you movin' and groovin' more than the spinners? their songs were slower but grooved all the same. who was doing that before the spinners? so many of their songs were used to endorse products too. why? because they are quality, irresistible songs. they are in my top 5 snubs. the problem? which incarnation? post 1977, a new singer joined for their later hits.....I do think the bands with many lineup changes do get snubbed from time to time...its a shame...
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 21:26pm
Leave your own comment about The Spinners here.

About The Moody Blues, Tom wrote:
  The moodys will get in sooner than later...as long as more proggy/art rock bands keep coming in every year. deep purple and yes are next....and if so, the tide will have turned for groups like the moodys, tull and others. the moodys have all the criteria. high quality, groundbreaking music (orchestral/proggy rock, rock, pop, psychedelic, and their later adult contemporary 80s.) the hard rock and singers and song writers categories have broken in to the RRHOF, why not more proggy bands?
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 20:58pm
Leave your own comment about The Moody Blues here.

About Chic, Karl Singleton wrote:
  HOW IN THE WORLD IS THE WORLD'S GREATEST DISCO GROUP NOT IN THE HALL!? At least they got Parliment, EW&F in there. BUT NO CHIC??!! That disgusts me. They WERE Disco. And Bee Gees over Chic? SCREW YOU!
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 18:45pm
Leave your own comment about Chic here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Jennifer wrote:
  My 13 Replacement Nominations for Round 4:

Bing Crosby - Brother Can You Spare A Dime (1932)-Sadly, this song is still relevant today. Musical theater veteran and Princess Bride star Mandy Patinkin also sang and recorded an excellent version of the song which you can find on Youtube.

Al Jolson - Swanee (1919)
Bobby Darin - Splish Splash (1957)
Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Rave On! (1958)
Chuck Berry - School Days (1957)
Dinah Washington - What A Difference A Day Made (1959)
Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin (1955)
Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops (1958)
Lavern Baker - Jim Dandy (1956)
Little Anthony And The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow (1958)
Little Richard - Lucille (1957)
Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man (1954)
The Drifters - Money Honey (1953)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 18:25pm

About The Eagles, Orvil wrote:
  The Eagles - Greatest band ever. Before they retire or call it quits, would like to see "A One Night Only Show" with the current members of the group including Bernie and guest appearances by Randy Meisner and "Fingers" Felder - jeez talk about a night to remember.
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 14:00pm
Leave your own comment about The Eagles here.

About The Song Project, GFW wrote:
  "De La Soul - The Magic Number - 3"

This is so perfect it almost makes up for the fact it's lost.
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 13:57pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Song Project, Ryan wrote:
  Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies (1987)
Slick Rick - Children's Story (1988)
Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill a Man (1991)
Naughty by Nature - O.P.P. (1991)
Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me (1991)
Whodini - Freaks Come Out at Night (1984)
Run DMC - Run's House (1988)
Herbie Hancock - Rockit (1983)
LL Cool J - I'm Bad
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 12:43pm
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Trooper, Lisa wrote:
  It is very disturbing that Trooper continue to be over shadowed, over looked and just plain ignored to be given a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame, inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame or the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame. I totally agree that the fans know that they are long over due for these honours, and yet it seems our hands are tied. Every year, with high hopes, I share the petition, share the nomination forms and still are let down. 2015 will mark the 40th anniversary of the band and I think that would make a great year to see one of these things happen. Together the fans can't give up, we need to stand our ground, be vigilante and show those in power, that we will not go away quietly and that we are all willing to fight to see this through.

There are less that 2 weeks left in the campaign to nominate for the Walk of Fame. If you haven't submitted your vote for Trooper yet, please go here and do so now:

There is also a petition page that has been set up to help get them inducted into the Hall of Fame. Take a moment of your time and sign it, share it via Twitter and Facebook...rally together to get as many people on board to sign and share.

The boys of Trooper are more than deserving to be given these honours and I will personally not rest until I see this happen.

Here below is what I have written for a reason for them to receive their long over due honours and I encourage everyone to spread the word and do the same. The fans have to band together and let their voice be heard...together we can be strong and can't be ignored forever!!!

I am putting in my nomination for Trooper to finally get their star on the Canadian Walk of Fame. For over 38 years, Trooper has been an instrumental part of the Canadian music scene. Through the many changes the band has seen, they still remain to be true to Canada and their fans. Without feeling the need to sign with a US label in order to see their career grow, they have become Canada's biggest party band. They are true Canadians, and tour from coast to coast, selling out shows all over the place. Playing venues, festivals and fairs in every province, you will find astronomical numbers in attendance to this very day. They have such an energy on stage, and know how to connect with their fans. They appreciate each and everyone that is there to see their show and they let you know it.

With 13 top 40 singles, 5 Platinum albums and a Juno award for Best Group in 1980, they have proven that they are a great Canadian band. They have the first Canadian album to go 4X Platinum in Canada with Hot Shots (1979), that is still a hit with fans to this day. Ra McGuire and Brian (Smitty) Smith have written a great many songs together that have won SOCAN awards. This shows that they are great musicians, singers, and songwriters. The honour of receiving their star on the Walk of Fame is long over due.

Being deemed Canada's Biggest Party Band and having the unofficial Canadian anthem, with Raise a Little Hell, the band have helped to pave the way for so many Canadian musicians and yet they still have been overlooked in the past to have the honour of a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame or an induction into the Canadian Hall of Fame. It is about time that the people of this country realize that we have a very strong and diverse history in the music industry and some bands are responsible for breaking barriers for new and upcoming artists.

Their music has touched many lives over the years and have given such inspiration to people of all ages. They show compassion and a love to so many and have a vast love and appreciation for this country. They share their music, their time and always have so much kindness to all that they meet. You don't get any more down to earth than the boys of Trooper. Their social conscience and kindness is unmatched.

Trooper's longevity and personal connection with their fans, on and off the concert scene is one that truly deserves a sense of recognition in an honourable place. Their star on the Canadian Walk of Fame is long over due and I think it is about time that Canada honours them with a star and induction into the Hall of Fame, as they are as 'true' Canadian as you can get. They continue to do what they love, sell out shows, and have, through all these years, stayed true to Canada. Now it is time for Canada to be true to them.

Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 11:03am
Leave your own comment about Trooper here.

About The Song Project, Tom H. wrote:
  Oops... I guess I miscounted when I submitted my ballot. My last vote will be

Run DMC- Run's House
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 07:39am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, PopeCharming wrote:
  My replacement nominations: (Go Ruth Brown!)

Blind Lemon Jefferson - Matchbox Blues (1927)
Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen (1958)
Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now (1958)
Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me (1958)
Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Work With Me, Annie (1954)
Hank Williams - Jambalaya (1952)
Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning (1956)
Lead Belly - In The Pines (Where Did You Sleep Last Night?) (1944)
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy (1955)
Muddy Waters - Rollin' Stone (1950)
The Champs - Tequila (1958)
The Platters - Only You (And You Alone) (1955)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 05:50am

About Chuck Berry, Zach wrote:
  Andrew, I previously posted my e-mail address on the 2014 Inductees page, so if you want to talk with me privately, please send me a message at that address. Thanks! I hope to hear from you soon.
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 02:47am
Leave your own comment about Chuck Berry here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, John R.C. wrote:
  I'll replace it with:

Elvis Presley - Mystery Train (1955)
Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool (1958)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 02:34am

About The Song Project, Austin wrote:
  Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
Nas - It Ain't Hard to Tell
The Sugarhill Gang - Apache
Naughty by Nature - O.P.P.
Slick Rick - Children's Story
Tone-Loc - Wild Thing
Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back
The Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa
Grandmaster Flash - The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash
Young M.C. - Bust a Move
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 02:02am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Song Project, rockstar23 wrote:
  *A Tribe Called Quest - Check the Rhime (1991)
*Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Tha Crossroads)
*N.W.A. - Express Yourself (1988)
*Nas - It Ain't Hard to Tell (1994)
*Naughty by Nature - O.P.P. (1991)
*Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back (1992)
*Slick Rick - Children's Story (1988)
*The Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa (1994)
*Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (1990)
*Young M.C. - Bust a Move (1989)

Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 01:31am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Album Project, rockstar23 wrote:
  Jackson Browne - Running On Empty (1977)
Paul Simon - Paul Simon (1972)
Tom Waits - Closing Time (1973)
Billy Joel - 52nd Street (1978)
Jim Croce - I Got A Name (1973)
Carly Simon - No Secrets (1972)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 01:24am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, jtrichey wrote:
  14 replacements:

The Champs – Tequila (1958)
The Dominoes - Sixty Minute Man (1951)
Bobby Darin - Splish Splash (1957)
Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me (1958)
James Brown And The Famous Flames - Please, Please, Please (1956)
Little Anthony And The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow (1958)
The Drifters - Money Honey (1953)
Eddie Cochran - C'mon Everybody (1958)
Duane Eddy - Peter Gunn (1959)
Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops (1958)
Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee (1959)
Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man (1954)
Dean Martin - That's Amore (1953)
Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin (1955)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 01:13am

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
  John R.C. - You've previously nominated Bill Monroe - Blue Moon of Kentucky (1946) and Blind Lemon Jefferson - Matchbox Blues (1927). You have two more nominations available.
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 01:05am

About The Song Project, Darren wrote:
  My current vote count:

Eric B. & Rakim - Follow The Leader (1988) - 10
N.W.A. - Express Yourself (1988) - 10

A Tribe Called Quest - Check the Rhime (1991) - 9
The Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa (1994) - 9

Young M.C. - Bust a Move (1989) - 8

Grandmaster Flash - The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel (1981) - 7
Nas - It Ain't Hard to Tell - 7

Doug E. Fresh (feat. Slick Rick) - La-Di-Da-Di (1985) - 3

Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal (1992) - 2
Herbie Hancock - Rockit (1983) - 2
Nas Ft. Az - Life's A Bitch - 2
Tone-Loc - Wild Thing (1988) - 2
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Tha Crossroads - 2

Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg - F*** Wit Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin') (1992) - 1
Grandmaster Flash and Grandmaster Melle Mel - White Lines (1983) - 1
Heavy D & The Boys - Now That We've Found Love (1991) - 1
M|A|R|R|S - Pump Up the Volume (1987) - 1
MC Breed - Ain't No Future in You're Frontin' - 1
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (1990) - 1

The Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew - The Super Bowl Shuffle (1985) - 0

Voting closes at 11:55 PM Central on Friday the 18th.
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 00:59am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Song Project, Darren wrote:
  My votes:

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill a Man (1991)
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Parents Just Don't Understand (1988)
Doug E. Fresh (feat. Slick Rick) - La-Di-Da-Di (1985)
Geto Boys - Mind Playing Tricks on Me (1991)
Naughty by Nature - O.P.P. (1991)
Run DMC - Run's House (1988)
Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back (1992)
The Notorious B.I.G. - Big Poppa (1994)
Young M.C. - Bust a Move (1989)

Didn't need my vote:

Eric B. & Rakim - Follow The Leader (1988)
N.W.A. - Express Yourself (1988)
A Tribe Called Quest - Check the Rhime (1991)

I would support in the future:

Mobb Deep - Shook Ones (Part II) (1995)
Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal (1992)
Tone-Loc - Wild Thing (1988)
Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg - F*** Wit Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin') (1992)
Grandmaster Flash and Grandmaster Melle Mel - White Lines (1983)
Heavy D & The Boys - Now That We've Found Love (1991)
M|A|R|R|S - Pump Up the Volume (1987)
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (1990)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 00:55am
Leave your own comment about The Song Project here.

About The Album Project, Darren wrote:

Kris Kristofferson - Kristofferson (1970) - 1
Marvin Gaye - Here, My Dear (1978) - 1
Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star (1973) - 1

Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust (1975) - 0
Judy Collins - Whales & Nightingales (1970) - 0
Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) - Catch Bull At Four (1972) - 0

Voting ends at 11:55 PM Central on Friday the 18th.
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 00:46am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Album Project, Darren wrote:
  Jackson Browne - Running On Empty (1977)
Paul Simon - Paul Simon (1972)
Tom Waits - Closing Time (1973)
Billy Joel - 52nd Street (1978)
Jim Croce - I Got A Name (1973)
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! (1979)
Thursday, 04.17.14 @ 00:45am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, John R.C. wrote:
  Bill Monroe - Blue Moon of Kentucky (1946)
Blind Lemon Jefferson - Matchbox Blues (1927)
Lead Belly - The Midnight Special (1934)
Little Anthony And The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow (1958)
Nat "King" Cole - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (1946)
The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley (1958)
The Platters - Only You (And You Alone) (1955)
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 23:44pm

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
  Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (1958)
Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Rave On! (1958)
Dean Martin - That's Amore (1953)
Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning (1956)
Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops (1958)
Johnny Burnette And The Rock 'n' Roll Trio - Train Kept A-Rollin' (1956)
Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee (1959)
Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man (1954)
Nat "King" Cole - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (1946)
Ray Charles - I've Got A Woman (1954)
The Champs - Tequila (1958)
The Platters - Only You (And You Alone) (1955)
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 23:19pm

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Darren wrote:
  Final Rankings for Round 3 (of 6) of the Pre-1960 Top 100 Rankings are now complete.

Here are the final rankings for the Overall Top 100:

1. Aretha Franklin - Respect (1967)
2. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1956)
3. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (1971)
4. Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone (1965)
5. John Lennon - Imagine (1971)
6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)
7. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
8. The Beatles - Hey Jude (1968)
9. The Who - My Generation (1965)
10. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966)
11. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (1965)
12. Derek And The Dominos - Layla (1970)
13. The Doors - Light My Fire (1967)
14. Stevie Wonder - Superstition (1972)
15. The Beatles - Yesterday (1965)
16. The Who - Baba O'Riley (1971)
17. The Temptations - My Girl (1964)
18. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971)
19. The Eagles - Hotel California (1976)
20. Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay (1968)
21. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2 (1979)
22. The Beatles - Let It Be (1970)
23. Simon And Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence (1965)
24. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (1956)
25. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (1971)
26. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine (1968)
27. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (1991)
28. The Mamas And The Papas - California Dreamin' (1965)
29. The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun (1964)
30. Prince And the Revolution - When Doves Cry (1984)
31. David Bowie - Changes (1971)
32. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Purple Haze (1967)
33. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run (1975)
34. Bill Haley And His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock (1954)
35. The Clash - London Calling (1979)
36. Big Brother And The Holding Co. - Piece Of My Heart (1968)
37. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (1967)
38. Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman (1964)
39. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever (1967)
40. The Kinks - You Really Got Me (1964)
41. The Band - The Weight (1968)
42. David Bowie - Space Oddity (1969)
43. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1982)
44. Al Green - Let's Stay Together (1971)
45. James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) (1965)
46. OutKast - Hey Ya! (2003)
47. U2 - With Or Without You (1987)
48. Buddy Holly And The Crickets - That'll Be the Day (1956)
49. Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man (1968)
50. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (1970)
51. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along The Watchtower (1968)
52. Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Pt. 1 And 2) (1959)
53. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1969)
54. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (1977)
55. The Moody Blues - The Night: Nights In White Satin (1967)
56. Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love (1967)
57. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (1969)
58. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1973)
59. Billy Joel - Piano Man (1973)
60. Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line (1955)
61. Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime (1980)
62. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1969)
63. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (1976)
64. Public Enemy - Fight the Power (1989)
65. The Police - Every Breath You Take (1983)
66. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (1967)
67. Ben E. King - Stand By Me (1961)
68. Etta James - At Last (1961)
69. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire (1957)
70. The Beach Boys - California Girls (1965)
71. The Isley Brothers - Shout (Pt. 1 And 2) (1958)
72. Martha And The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street (1964)
73. Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five - The Message (1982)
74. Metallica - Enter Sandman (1991)
75. Aerosmith - Dream On (1973)
76. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (2003)
77. The Zombies - Time Of The Season (1968)
78. Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper (1976)
79. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge (1991)
80. Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale (1967)
81. Black Sabbath - Iron Man (1970)
82. Don McLean - American Pie (Pts. 1 And 2) (1971)
83. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (1967)
84. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (1979)
85. Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel (1956)
86. The Ronettes - Be My Baby (1963)
87. The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (1977)
88. Little Richard - Tutti Frutti (1955)
89. Simon And Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (1968)
90. Booker T. And The M.G.'s - Green Onions (1962)
91. Beck - Loser (1993)
92. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (1995)
93. Elton John - Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time) (1972)
94. Pearl Jam - Jeremy (1991)
95. John Lennon - Instant Karma! (1970)
96. The Doors - Riders On The Storm (1971)
97. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues (1958)
98. Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes (1956)
99. Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (1981)
100. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (1977)

Here are the updated rankings for the pre-1960 group:

1. Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1956)
2. Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (1956)
3. Bill Haley And His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock (1954)
4. Buddy Holly And The Crickets - That'll Be the Day (1956)
5. Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Pt. 1 And 2) (1959)
6. Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line (1955)
7. Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire (1957)
8. The Isley Brothers - Shout (Pt. 1 And 2) (1958)
9. Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel (1956)
10. Little Richard - Tutti Frutti (1955)
11. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues (1958)
12. Carl Perkins - Blue Suede Shoes (1956)
13. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues (1955)
14. Ritchie Valens - La Bamba (1954)
15. Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue (1957)
16. Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock (1956)
17. Woody Guthrie - This Land Is Your Land (1944)
18. Frankie Lyman And The Teenagers - Why Do Fools Fall In Love (1958)
19. Big Joe Turner - Shake, Rattle And Roll (1959)
20. Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife (1959)
21. The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love (1957)
22. Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley (1957)
23. The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream (1957)
24. Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On (1959)
25. Dave Brubeck - Take Five (1959)
26. Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Everyday (1957)
27. Sam Cooke - You Send Me (1958)
28. Barrett Strong - Money (That's What I Want) (1959)
29. Little Richard - Good Golly Miss Molly (1958)
30. Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit (1939)
31. The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie (1957)
32. Chuck Berry - Rock And Roll Music (1957)
33. Link Wray And His Ray Men - Rumble (1958)
34. The Platters - The Great Pretender (1955)
35. Chuck Berry - Roll Over Beethoven (1956)
36. Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (1959)
37. The Coasters - Yakety Yak (1958)
38. Peggy Lee - Fever (1958)
39. The Penguins - Earth Angel (1954)
40. Elvis Presley - Love Me Tender (1956)
41. Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill (1956)
42. Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Not Fade Away (1957)
43. Screaming Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You (1956)
44. The Del Vikings - Come Go With Me (1956)
45. Chuck Berry - Maybellene (1955)
46. Little Richard - Long Tall Sally (1956)
47. The Clovers - Love Potion No. 9 (1959)
48. Gene Vincent And The Blue Caps - Be Bop a Lula (1956)
49. The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman (1954)
50. Fats Domino - Ain't That a Shame (1955)
51. Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Oh Boy! (1957)
52. Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes (1956)
53. The Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace (1958)
54. The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You (1959)
55. Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin' (1951)

Here are the updated rankings for the 1960s group:

1. Aretha Franklin - Respect (1967)
2. Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone (1965)
3. The Beatles - Hey Jude (1968)
4. The Who - My Generation (1965)
5. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966)
6. The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (1965)
7. The Doors - Light My Fire (1967)
8. The Beatles - Yesterday (1965)
9. The Temptations - My Girl (1964)
10. Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay (1968)
11. Simon And Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence (1965)
12. Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine (1968)
13. The Mamas And The Papas - California Dreamin' (1965)
14. The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun (1964)
15. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Purple Haze (1967)
16. Big Brother And The Holding Co. - Piece Of My Heart (1968)
17. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (1967)
18. Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman (1964)
19. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever (1967)
20. The Kinks - You Really Got Me (1964)
21. The Band - The Weight (1968)
22. David Bowie - Space Oddity (1969)
23. James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) (1965)
24. Dusty Springfield - Son Of A Preacher Man (1968)
25. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along The Watchtower (1968)
26. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (1969)
27. The Moody Blues - The Night: Nights In White Satin (1967)
28. Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love (1967)
29. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (1969)
30. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son (1969)
31. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (1967)
32. Ben E. King - Stand By Me (1961)
33. Etta James - At Last (1961)
34. The Beach Boys - California Girls (1965)
35. Martha And The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street (1964)
36. The Zombies - Time Of The Season (1968)
37. Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale (1967)
38. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (1967)
39. The Ronettes - Be My Baby (1963)
40. Simon And Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson (1968)
41. Booker T. And The M.G.'s - Green Onions (1962)

Here are the updated rankings for the 1970s group:

1. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (1971)
2. John Lennon - Imagine (1971)
3. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)
4. Derek And The Dominos - Layla (1970)
5. Stevie Wonder - Superstition (1972)
6. The Who - Baba O'Riley (1971)
7. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (1971)
8. The Eagles - Hotel California (1976)
9. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2 (1979)
10. The Beatles - Let It Be (1970)
11. The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again (1971)
12. David Bowie - Changes (1971)
13. Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run (1975)
14. The Clash - London Calling (1979)
15. Al Green - Let's Stay Together (1971)
16. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (1970)
17. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (1977)
18. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1973)
19. Billy Joel - Piano Man (1973)
20. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop (1976)
21. Aerosmith - Dream On (1973)
22. Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper (1976)
23. Black Sabbath - Iron Man (1970)
24. Don McLean - American Pie (Pts. 1 And 2) (1971)
25. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (1979)
26. The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (1977)
27. Elton John - Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time) (1972)
28. John Lennon - Instant Karma! (1970)
29. The Doors - Riders On The Storm (1971)
30. Donna Summer - I Feel Love (1977)

Here are the updated rankings for the 1980s group:

1. Prince And the Revolution - When Doves Cry (1984)
2. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean (1982)
3. U2 - With Or Without You (1987)
4. Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime (1980)
5. Public Enemy - Fight the Power (1989)
6. The Police - Every Breath You Take (1983)
7. Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five - The Message (1982)
8. Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (1981)

Here are the updated rankings for the 1990s group:

1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (1991)
2. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (1991)
3. Metallica - Enter Sandman (1991)
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge (1991)
5. Beck - Loser (1993)
6. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (1995)
7. Pearl Jam - Jeremy (1991)

Here are the updated rankings of the 2000-2013 group:

1. OutKast - Hey Ya! (2003)
2. The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (2003)

Here are the final standings in the tiebreaker:

Fats Domino - Blueberry Hill (1956) - 75
Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Not Fade Away (1957) - 65
Screaming Jay Hawkins - I Put a Spell on You (1956) - 63
The Del Vikings - Come Go With Me (1956) - 59

Chuck Berry - Maybellene (1955) - 58 (87 Points in Initial Ranking)
Little Richard - Long Tall Sally (1956) - 58 (86 Points in Initial Ranking)
The Clovers - Love Potion No. 9 (1959) - 58 (77 Points in Initial Ranking)

Gene Vincent And The Blue Caps - Be Bop a Lula (1956) - 57
The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman (1954) - 56
Fats Domino - Ain't That a Shame (1955) - 55

Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Oh Boy! (1957) - 48 (65 Points in Initial Ranking)
Elvis Presley - Blue Suede Shoes (1956) - 48 (58 Points in Initial Ranking)

The Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace (1958) - 47 (58 Points in Initial Ranking)
The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You (1959) - 47 (56 Points in Initial Ranking)

Hank Williams - Hey Good Lookin' (1951) - 46

Here are the current number of replacement nominees for each participant:

Darren - 12
Gassman - 10
GFW - 10
Jennifer - 13
John R.C. - 7
jtrichey - 14
PopeCharming - 12
Tom H. - 15
SotN - 18

If you need me to post a list of your current nominees, please let me know.

Here is the list of songs that are eligible for nomination for Round 4 (of 6) of the Pre-1960 Rankings in the Song Ranking Project, but haven't been ranked as of yet:

Al Jolson - Swanee (1919)
Big Mama Thornton - Hound Dog (1952)
Bill Haley And The Saddlemen - Rock The Joint (1952)
Bill Monroe - Blue Moon of Kentucky (1946)
Bing Crosby - Brother Can You Spare A Dime (1932)
Bing Crosby - White Christmas (1942)
Blind Lemon Jefferson - Matchbox Blues (1927)
Bo Diddley - Who Do You Love? (1957)
Bobby Darin - Splish Splash (1957)
Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (1958)
Buddy Holly And The Crickets - Rave On! (1958)
Burl Ives - (Ghost) Riders In The Sky (1949)
Chuck Berry - School Days (1957)
Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen (1958)
Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now (1958)
Dale Hawkins - Susie Q (1956)
Danny And The Juniors - At The Hop (1957)
Dean Martin - That's Amore (1953)
Dinah Washington - What A Difference A Day Made (1959)
Duane Eddy - Peter Gunn (1959)
Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser (1958)
Eddie Cochran - C'mon Everybody (1958)
Eddie Cochran - Somethin' Else (1959)
Edith Piaf - La Vie En Rose (1946)
Ella Fitzgerald - A Tisket, A Tasket (1938)
Elmore James - Dust My Broom (1951)
Elvis Presley - All Shook Up (1957)
Elvis Presley - Don't Be Cruel (1956)
Elvis Presley - Mystery Train (1955)
Elvis Presley - That's All Right (1957)
Fats Domino - I'm Walkin' (1957)
Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me (1958)
Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin (1955)
Gene Autry - Back In The Saddle Again (1939)
Gene Kelly - Singin' In The Rain (1952)
Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Work With Me, Annie (1954)
Hank Williams - I Saw The Light (1948)
Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (1949)
Hank Williams - Jambalaya (1952)
Hank Williams - Move It On Over (1947)
Hank Williams - Your Cheatin' Heart (1953)
Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightning (1956)
Jackie Brenston - Rocket 88 (1951)
Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops (1958)
James Brown And The Famous Flames - Please, Please, Please (1956)
John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillen (1948)
Johnny Burnette And The Rock 'n' Roll Trio - Train Kept A-Rollin' (1956)
Johnny Cash - Give My Love To Rose (1956)
Lavern Baker - Jim Dandy (1956)
Lead Belly - Goodnight Irene (1936)
Lead Belly - In The Pines (Where Did You Sleep Last Night?) (1944)
Lead Belly - The Midnight Special (1934)
Little Anthony And The Imperials - Tears On My Pillow (1958)
Little Richard - Lucille (1957)
Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee (1959)
Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man (1954)
Muddy Waters - I Just Want to Make Love to You (1954)
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy (1955)
Muddy Waters - Rollin' Stone (1950)
Nat "King" Cole - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (1946)
Ray Charles - I've Got A Woman (1954)
Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool (1958)
Robert Johnson - Cross Road Blues (1937)
Robert Johnson - Love In Vain (1937)
Ruth Brown - (Mama) He Treats Your Daughter Mean (1953)
Scott Joplin - The Entertainer (1902)
The Carter Family - Can The Circle Be Unbroken (By And By) (1935)
The Champs - Tequila (1958)
The Chords - Sh-Boom (1954)
The Coasters - Charlie Brown (1959)
The Dominoes - Sixty Minute Man (1951)
The Drifters - Money Honey (1953)
The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley (1958)
The Platters - Only You (And You Alone) (1955)

Voters can nominate up to 35 songs from this list.

Anyone who wants to participate may do so at any time, even if they aren't currently caught up with their nominations or voting, with the exception of voting in a final tiebreaker if you haven't nominated any songs for this group as of yet or participated in the initial tiebreaker for the round.

The approx. 25 songs that receive the most nominations will be eligible for the initial rankings.

Nominations will end at 10 PM Central on Saturday, April 19th.
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 23:18pm

About the eligibility class of 2015, Tony wrote:
  Moby Grape, Quicksilver Messenger Service and Country Joe & the Fish are all classic rock bands that should have been inducted long time ago, same thing for the 13th Floor Elevators. Also Connie Francis, the first female Rock & Roll star has been overlooked.
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 18:06pm
Leave your own comment about 2015 here.

About the Induction Criteria, kelly wrote:
  Rap music and it's musicians ( if you can really call them that ) do not belong anywhere near the RRHoF..Let that genre start it's own place people can revel in that nastiness..I would cringe seeing that crap if I should ever visit...
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 17:06pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, PopeCharming wrote:
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 16:01pm

About the Induction Criteria, DarinRG wrote:
  Wait. There's a serious issue that needs to be addressed here. How will the RRHoF afford to keep the doors open if he and his refuse to visit?
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 15:44pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the Induction Criteria, Gassman wrote:
  That's because Grand Funk Railroad sucks. Sorry I'm not sorry. Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, Beastie Boys and Public Enemy are all more important to the developement of Rock-N-Roll than Grand Funk. I can't wait until Kanye West gets in. :D
Wednesday, 04.16.14 @ 15:17pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.