Latest Comments

If you're looking for the latest comments and voting for the Song Project, Album Project and Revisited Projected Rankings, check out the Project Comments page.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Sue,

I just know Sir Paul M loves the Moody Blues. Bedides the fact that the Moody Blues opened for the Beatles. The Moody Blues early on in their most famous period influenced some of the music on Magical Mystery Tour. Still I dont think Sir Paul will induct them. Ian Anderson and ELO members are more likely choices. I am confused on your Steve Miller reference. Explain that.
Monday, 01.22.18 @ 11:00am
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About Jethro Tull, Roy wrote:
  Should Lars Ulrich give the induction speech for Jethro Tull
Monday, 01.22.18 @ 10:38am
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:

Lon Bronson Band - The Music of Chicago with Neil Donell
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 16:52pm
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:
  I think it's time for Chicago to retire, but they won't. Robert, Lee, James and Walt want to die on stage.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 16:39pm
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:
  THE NEW MEMBERS OF CHICAGO

01. Neil Donell (vocals; Chicago cover band)
02. Brett Simons (bass guitar; Melissa Etheridge)
03. Walfredo Reyes Jr (drums; formerly a percussionist for Chicago)
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 16:37pm
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:

Chicago Loses Two Band Members in One Week: Who's Gone Who's New

Tris Imboden and Jeff Coffey quit Chicago. Too much touring/family issues.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 14:28pm
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About Rush, Roy wrote:

Alex Lifeson Says Rush Is Done for Good – Fans Share Memories
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 14:26pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About Duran Duran, Enigmaticus wrote:
  I have been an aficionado of Duran Duran’s music for over 35 years. Later this year and during the following year, Duran Duran will began to celebrate their 40th anniversary as a band. My introduction to the music of Duran Duran came via a show called “Night Tracks” on WTBS. My city did not have MTV until several years later, so therefore it was through cable television that I had first heard of Duran Duran. My first purchase of a Duran Duran album was their live recording, “Arena.” My favorite song from “Arena” is ‘The Chauffeur.’
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 12:14pm
Leave your own comment about Duran Duran here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  It is always difficult to write an obituary about a rock band, especially one who has meant quite a lot to millions of fans and aficionados around the world. As I have stated numerous times before, Rush had been my co-favorite band, alongside Yes, for over 36 consecutive years. I had first been introduced to the music of Rush via their sixth studio album, “Hemispheres” in February, 1979. At that time, “Hemispheres” had been the most amazing music which I had ever heard. In August, 1980 while attending the University of Arizona as a Freshman, I had started changing the channel on my college roommate’s radio and had discovered the music of The Moody Blues. Those two bands have for the most part, been responsible for influencing the styles of music which I happen to like or dislike and have done so for over 37 consecutive years. So, although Yes and Rush are my co-favorite bands, The Moody Blues are only slightly behind them. The reason why I am such a huge aficionado of “progressive rock” is for the most part, due to my appreciation of such landmark recordings as: “Days Of Future Passed” by The Moody Blues and “Exit... Stage Left” by Rush.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 12:01pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About The Zombies, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RIP, Jim Rodford who was Rod Argent's cousin and played bass in both Argent and the reunited Zombies as well as The Kinks.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:36am
Leave your own comment about The Zombies here.

About The Kinks, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RIP, Jim Rodford, who served as the Kinks bassist from 1978 to their breakup in 1996
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:25am
Leave your own comment about The Kinks here.

About Argent, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RiP, Jim Rodford
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:17am
Leave your own comment about Argent here.

About Argent, Aaron O'Donnell wrote:
  RiP, Jim Rodford
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:17am
Leave your own comment about Argent here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Sue wrote:
  I have really enjoyed the comments about who will induct the bands for the class of 2018. I am not sure about the other groups.
I am a hard core Moody Blues fan. Now that Denny Laine has been included I think Sir Paul McCartney may do the honors. Denny was a member of Wings from start to finish and the Beatles toured with The Moody Blues back in the early days. Other possible presenters may be Ian Anderson and/or members of ELO. Bev is friends with John Lodge and they are all from the same part of the UK and played the same clubs back in the day. There has to be a tribute to Tom Petty so Jeff Lynne will probably be there anyway. I am just not sure about Rush. Who knows? I mean Steve Miller posted that the RRHOF picked. I do not think Howard Stern will do two bands...but remember it is the RRHOF!
I was happy to see that the regulars here are doing well and I send wishes for a very Happy New Year to everyone and Happy Birthday Enig.
Sunday, 01.21.18 @ 00:02am
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Greg F wrote:
  Sting for Dire Straits
Rivers Cuomo for The Cars
Rush or Steve Wilson for The Moody Blues
Rhiannon Gibbins for Nina Simone
Little Richard for Sister Rosetta Tharpe
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 20:22pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In case you haven’t seen it, XTC’s documentary, “This Is Pop” is oftentimes actually quite hilarious. I would argue that not unlike XTC, Duran Duran and Rush have also become better with each successive album, as well. Yesterday, I had purchased a copy of “Nonsuch” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology” which had disappeared many years before. There is also a new version of “Black Sea” available, which I did not purchase yesterday, but may in the not too distant future. There is a rating of XTC’s work on the PROG Channel Of The teamrock website. Andy Partridge said that XTC had made gently exploratory pop music. What do you, think?

My favorite albums by XTC are “Skylarking,” “Oranges & Lemons” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology.” What’d you, think?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 19:44pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In case you haven’t seen it, XTC’s documentary, “This Is Pop” is oftentimes actually quite hilarious. I would argue that not unlike XTC, Duran Duran and Rush have also become better with each successive album, as well. Yesterday, I had purchased a copy of “Nonsuch” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology” which had disappeared many years before. There is also a new version of “Black Sea” available, which I did not purchase yesterday, but may in the not too distant future. There is a rating of XTC’s work on the PROG Channel Of The teamrock website. Andy Partridge said that XTC had made gently exploratory pop. What do you, think?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 19:40pm
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Enig,

I am fine these days. Thanks for asking. Ive been busy with work somewhat. I do a lot of Clerical work for my Elderly Dad who cant do that anymore. Its been slower with that lately. I like Blowing off steam
with this site. My time on this site parallels the help for my My Dad. Sooo anyway I am fine.

Soo Sting is a key choice for the Dire Straits that would work well. I mean sang with them on their biggest hit. Who can forget Sting singing I want my MTV. Duran Duran inducting the Cars makes sense. Im sure there other choices.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 17:18pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About Judas Priest, Chris wrote:
  Judas Priest should have been inducted before Metallica.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 16:30pm
Leave your own comment about Judas Priest here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  A fortnight from now, I will begin my 57th orbit around the sun. As I approach my 56th Birthday, I have realized that Rush and Yes are my co-favorite bands. The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Duran Duran are only slightly behind the other two.

————— Rush———————————-Yes
————————-The Moody Blues—————
............................King Crimson..........................
——————————Duran Duran—————-

Or perhaps something like this:

The Moody Blues
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. Rush . . . . .Yes.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:56pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

In my honest opinion, Sting should induct Dire Straits.

Rush should induct The Moody Blues

Duran Duran should induct The Cars.

By the way, how have you been doing lately?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:38pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Ben,

In my honest opinion, Sting should induct Dire Straits.

Rush should induct The Moody Blues

Duran Duran should induct The Cars.

By the way, how have you been doing lately?
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:37pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  A fortnight from now, I will start my 57th orbit around the sun. As I approach my 56th Birthday, I have realized that Rush and Yes are my co-favorite bands with The Moody Blues, King Crimson and Duran Duran slightly behind the other two;

Rush Yes

Procol Harum
Jefferson Airplane

Styx

Alan Parsons Project

Asia

Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:33pm
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  So we have speculated a lot about the presenter for the Moody Blues. Does anyone have thoughts on a presenter for the Dire Straits. I can think of a few. Eric Clapton is a great choice. Would John Mayer be possible? I can't think of others right now.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 14:04pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About Sonny and Cher, JasmineT wrote:
  Was out last night and saw clips in a video bar of Sonny & Cher from one of those shows from 1964-1965 where the kids are all screaming. Cher was still a teen waaaaaaaaaaay back then and the clips were so nostalgic. You could see how Sonny & Cher were teen idols. Funny to think how Cher started her career as a teen.
Saturday, 01.20.18 @ 08:54am
Leave your own comment about Sonny and Cher here.

About Chicago, Roy wrote:
  Oprah Winfrey is from Chicago. Winfrey/Clinton 2020!
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 20:13pm
Leave your own comment about Chicago here.

About the Induction Criteria, Nicky Joe wrote:
  Of your choices, I'd go with Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Rage Against the Machine, Judas Priest and The Spinners
If 6 then King Crimson
If 7 then Depeche Mode
If 8 then Soundgarden
If 9 then Kate Bush

Friday, 01.19.18 @ 15:02pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the Induction Criteria, Roy wrote:

16. Depeche Mode
17. Radiohead
18. Soundgarden
19. Nine Inch Nails
20. Rage Against The Machine
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 13:33pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  It is a dumb idea and it just won't happen. There has never been a presenter for 2 acts in the Performer category. It has happened a whole bunch of times with special categories like Musical excellence.

Also I am sure Howard Stern would love to have inducted Alice Cooper and Cheap Trick. It did NOT happen. Certainly NOT with the Moody Blues. They are a Prog act and would want someone kinda similar to induct them or The Hall itself would choose someone appropriate. The Hall has missed the mark before but this one is too obvious. Bon Jovi makes some sense for Howard Stern. I believe they are friends.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 13:16pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About Rush, Roy wrote:
  Howard Stern doesn't like Rush.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 10:06am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About King Crimson, Roy wrote:
  I think the Rock Hall will put Jethro Tull and King Crimson on the same ballot.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 10:03am
Leave your own comment about King Crimson here.

About Jethro Tull, Roy wrote:
  I think the Rock Hall will put Jethro Tull and King Crimson on the same ballot.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 10:00am
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About XTC, Enigmaticus wrote:
  In case you haven’t seen it, XTC’s documentary, “This Is Pop” is oftentimes actually quite hilarious. I would argue that not unlike XTC, Duran Duran and Rush have also become better with each consecutive album, as well. Yesterday, I had purchased “Nonsuch” and “Chips From The Chocolate Fireball: An Anthology” which had disappeared many years before. There is also a new version of “Black Sea” available, which I did not purchase yesterday, but may in the not too distant future.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 09:45am
Leave your own comment about XTC here.

About Jethro Tull, Ben wrote:
  I think Jethro Tull will be the next prog act inducted into the Rock Hall. I am now predicting them to be nominated in October. I will consider Duran Duran as well. Although we can say they are prog they are viewed more as a very popular act of the 80s. A bigger focus on the 80s would put them on the ballot. There is the Eurythmics to consider for a 2nd nomination. That may block out Duran Duran.
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 07:35am
Leave your own comment about Jethro Tull here.

About the Induction Criteria, Philip wrote:
Friday, 01.19.18 @ 01:07am
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, K wrote:
  Yes they do!!!! It is the responsibility of the hall of fame to tell the music history of the world accurately and truth fully. And these guys, just like a rapper by the name of Schoolly D in Philly; changed things in a major way. Nobody would scratch the way they do if it wasn' t 4 Jeff! He is the magnificent. They were the ultimate mc and dj duo. In fact, they were the 1' s who truly made it a thing on wax as a duo. A dj who wasn' t just doing lame cameos. Jeff made those turntables sing. He was Hendrix on turntables. And Will was a great story teller, could free style battle ( top of his head), he could switch up with street battle, funk and funny story rhymes. He was creative, while others front like they didn' t have personalities and were all hard. Will was fresh, not scared 2 take a chance and it worked! Will can rap! Try him and u will find out. Did u really listen 2 those early albums or are y' all just taking on others view points? People were stealing their sound after a while, even ur hardest rappers were biting them, because they had hits by just being them! Not some persona. Induct them and Schoolly D who was the 1st of the gangsta rhymers Psk. Tell the truth about music Hall of Fame, not just what' s popular. Tell the story properly.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 21:39pm
Leave your own comment about DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince here.

About the Induction Criteria, Roy wrote:
  Would it be a good idea to have one year where all the inductees are presented by the same person?
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 15:22pm
Leave your own comment about the Induction Criteria here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Philip wrote:
  It's still a dumb idea. The only Performers they've done that with were the special committee add-ons. They're not gonna do it with the main course.
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 15:04pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Paul in KY wrote:
  I'm sure Howard would like to give all induction speeches :-)
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 15:00pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.

About the 2018 Inductees, Roy wrote:
  Howard Stern said he wanted to give the induction speech for The Moody Blues too!
Thursday, 01.18.18 @ 13:30pm
Leave your own comment about the 2018 Inductees here.