Latest Comments

About The Song Project, Dave wrote:

Diana Ross & The Supremes & The Temptations - I’m Gonna Make You Love Me (1968)
Dionne Warwick & The Spinners - Then Came You (1974)
Donna Summer & Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough is Enough) (1979)
Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1976)
Etta James & Harvey Fuqua - Spoonful (1961)
Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two (1966)
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing (1968)
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - You're All I Need to Get By (1968)
Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1978)
Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta - You're the One That I Want (1978)
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - Tramp (1967)
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Where is the Love (1971)
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 11:51am

About The Song Project, jtrichey wrote:
  Betty Everett & Jerry Butler - Let It Be Me (1964)
Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash - Girl from the North Country (1969)
Carly Simon & James Taylor - Mockingbird (1974)
Dionne Warwick & The Spinners - Then Came You (1974)
Donna Summer & Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough is Enough) (1979)
Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1976)
Frank Sinatra & Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid (1967)
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing (1968)
Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1978)
Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta - You're the One That I Want (1978)
Olivia Newton-John and Cliff Richard - Suddenly (1980)
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Where is the Love (1971)
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 11:50am

About The Album Project, jtrichey wrote:
  Bobby Womack - Understanding (1972)
Madness - One Step Beyond... (1979)
Professor Longhair - Rock 'N' Roll Gumbo (1977)
Rickie Lee Jones - Rickie Lee Jones (1979)
The Hollies - Distant Light (1971)
Wishbone Ash - Argus (1972)
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 11:39am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Album Project, Enigmaticus wrote:
  My choices are:

Gentle Giant- Free Hand (1975)
Pat Benatar- Crimes Of Passion (1980)
Rickie Lee Jones- Rickie Lee Jones (1979)
Air Supply- Lost In Love (1980)
Wishbone Ash- Argus (1972)
Joan Baez- Joan Baez (1960)
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 11:04am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  It was Donnie who redid the Rock Hall of Fame with 10 Inductees each year. Donnie I don't know where You are Now but you laid out a great scenario there.

Most key acts go in rather promptly in the imaginary scenario. In fact the Sex Pistols and Patti Smith were delayed somewhat also in the real world. Not just acts like Chicago and Deep Purple.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 10:45am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About The Song Project, Jennifer wrote:
  Donnie, I am really sorry. I was not purposefully trying to be petty or purposefully trying to insult you as a person or your opinion. I am sorry that you also seemed to take my protests which were just as valid your protests very personally.

I have absolutely no problem with your definition of a duet since just like my definition of a duet, we each have our own opinions about it. Nor do I have any problem with your posting of your opinion of a duet and trying to respectfully debate with people about it.

I was only upset about the veto issues as I described above. As I previously stated, I was just as wrong as you were in the Way I expressed my opinions through the vetoes and through my unintentional insults in my comments. So, again I am very sorry.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 08:44am

About The Song Project, Jennifer wrote:
  To be clear, The One and Only thing that I think I felt strongly was hypocritical by Donnie (and the other Vetoers) was the protest itself. His viewpoint and his definitions of a duet and a duo are not hypocritical because they are his opinions and he has a right to his opinions and his right to post them.

However, he did not post his vetoes aka "protests" (along with Dave and vegas24) until AFTER I, as the Nominator of the song genre/category respectfully gave my personal opinion/definition of a duet. I was honestly Shocked and very, very Hurt to see the vetoes After my original post since I felt that none of the 3 who vetoed even saw, read, understood, nor Respected my posting and my opinion at all since none of them even mentioned it in their Vetoes.

Therefore, I was also insulted and angry because I felt it was them who originally were not being Respectful of My and the other Nominators opinions too about duets by being petty and Vetoing All of Our nominees. Frankly, I thought it was their way of forcefeeding their opinions on myself, Steve Z, and every other FRL nominator and voter without letting them us just vote for or against nominees so we each could decide for ourselves. But, I suppose that none of the 3 who vetoed the songs probably actually meant it that way. So, I am very sorry if I misinterpreted all of your actions/intentions and got angry and insulted you back in any way.

I am just opposed to the whole idea of a protest period where 3 people's vetoes (aka "Protests") can and do (in my opinion) insult other FRL nominators and category originators usually relatively reasonable opinions about the definition of a genre/voting category. I feel everyone should be able to post their protests of course. But, I also feel it is an Abuse of Power by those who actually use the Veto, myself included. So, again, I am Very Sorry about that and I Respectfully Withdraw All of my protests too.

So, if those are the rules that everyone else on the site agrees to and has no problems with, than I think that the whole "Protest" aka Veto should only be used for extreme cases as mentioned by other posters.

On the other hand, that is also merely my not so humble opinion too so I will try my best to stay out of arguments over the protest period in the future and try to simply Respect others ability to veto songs since it is their Right according to the current rules of the website.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 08:14am

About Peter Gabriel, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Today is Peter Gabriel's 66th birthday. Happy Birthday, Peter Gabriel and thank you for over 45 years of great music, influence and for continuing to remain innovative.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 07:58am
Leave your own comment about Peter Gabriel here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  So no more predictions. There is this topic of Past and Present. I gave examples of Old Classes from 2006,2007 and 2008. Black Sabbath, Blondie Sex Pistols REM and Patti Smith as well as the Ronettes all made a lot of sense.

What did not make sense is have 5 for each class. There could easily have been 6 or 7 inductees. Someone a few months ago re did the Hall with larger classes. Not sure who. If classes had been larger it's very possible all 4 of the Classic Rock Inductees for this year may have been in. It is certainly possible to honor Punk Rock with the Sex Pistols and let's say induct Paul Butterfield at the same time. I'll use that example I suppose because it's a 60s act.

Chicago, Deep Purple and Steve Miller could easily have been inducted in those years of 2006 2007 and 2008 as additional ones. We can't change what was done so The Hall has felt guilty on acts they forgot thus a bunch of Classic Rock this year. They are doing this to correct the wrong they figure. You also have people like Eddie Trunk and Steve Van Zant with their influence.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 06:59am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About The Song Project, DarinRG wrote:
  "So with that regard, that might be a good "unwritten rule" for all of us going forward. And with that, like I said earlier, I probably should've just kept my mouth shut, and respected Jennifer's definition of a duet."

I do think it's valid to have a discussion about a genre's definition if there are concerns or differing opinions. Being the sponsor of a genre vote and being given the final say on the boundaries of the ballot does carry the responsibility of hearing out and considering any differences of opinion. We've never had any structure in place for resolving these issues and we've seen quite a few occasions where these disagreements have devolved into foot stomping tantrums and protests and revenge protests, that don't accomplish anything of value. But hey, we finally had one that didn't involve Rick or me right in the middle of it, so this is a pretty monumental moment in FRL history.

Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 03:50am

About The Guess Who, KING wrote:
  Hoping The Guess Who gets some consideration for RRHOF by 2020. Made some classic songs partial to These Eyes & American Woman. Burton really was an underrated singer. There should be competition for the 60's spot with The Zombies, Tommy James, Procol Harum, Moody Blues etc. but The Guess Who deserve some nomination consideration. They had a good sound whether they were Canadian from Timbuktu or planet Neptune. Deserve a better fate. KING
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 02:58am
Leave your own comment about The Guess Who here.

About The Song Project, Donnie wrote:
  I also plan on not protesting anymore songs from this point on for this genre, as long as the nominees fit Jennifer's or my own of a duet. Darin is right in his assessment in that the person who originally nominated the genre should have the right to define the genre for everyone as long as it's in a common sense fashion (obviously if category was say 1970's Hard Rock, but someone nominates a 2000's Kanye West song, that would make no sense, lol). So with that regard, that might be a good "unwritten rule" for all of us going forward. And with that, like I said earlier, I probably should've just kept my mouth shut, and respected Jennifer's definition of a duet.

So with that being said, I'm pretty much good with letting the debate/argument end here, except for one thing.

Jennifer referring to my protest as "hypocritical" which, frankly I find insulting to me. First off in my protest, it was strictly about the songs, and not about the people nominating them. I didn't even single-handedly target Jennifer as I protested three other songs nominated by three other people. I didn't come on here and insult Jennifer or her definition of a duet. I didn't say it was was stupid, wrong, or anything of that matter. I just stated my difference of opinion, and I felt I did it respectfully. I never even mentioned Jennifer or anyone's name. I just stated my belief about the song and how I feel they don't qualify for this genre. I didn't even insult the songs nominated, as I feel three of the four were the best ones nominated, they just didn't fit this category for me.

Even in my response last night, I could've very easily referred to Jennifer being petty, which basically just admitted a little bit ago. She basically said her protests were a response to me as kind of a "screw you Donnie" kind of thing basically. And I didn't even mention that, mainly to be respectful.

So referring to my protest as hypocritical, is as far as I'm concerned saying I was being a hypocrite, which I find insulting and unnecessary.

Taking the personal feelings aside, how exactly was my protest hypocritical? I would really like someone to explain that to me. I feel I logically stated my viewpoint and was pretty consistent in my viewpoint with all of my posts thus far. I guess the only thing that could be constituted as hypocritical in my viewpoint is me nominating Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, when in Jennifer's viewpoint, they're a duo and not two separate artists, when that was what I was protesting. Except for the part where that's not hypocritical, because like I defended earlier, to me they're not a duo, but two separate artists who collaborated on songs together, which means they fit my definition, which means, yeah I'm not a hypocrite, nor was my viewpoint and protest.

Stuff like this is why I'm pretty inconsistent with my posting on this site as well as other sites on the internet, because frankly I don't like arguing with people, and I don't like it when I'm trying to respectfully debate with people, and then people want to throw cheapshots at me. Frankly I've got better things to do with my time then engage in insult arguments.

So I think not only will I not protest anymore songs in this genre, I think I'll just sit out of this site for awhile. I've got better things to do with my time, I feel.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 02:43am

About The Song Project, DarinRG wrote:
  I've stayed out of this because it's an issue that I'm not all that opinionated about and neither of my nominees were open to interpretation as to whether or not they're duets, but something I do feel strongly about is giving the person who nominated a genre the ultimate say in defining its definition within the borders of reason and common sense. If someone were to nominate "Duets" and then say that only songs sung by four people from three different continents in the summer of 1957 is what constitutes a duet, yeah, that would probably be an exception. But, within common sense boundaries, which she hasn't at all stepped outside of, IMNSHO, I ultimately defer to Jennifer's opinion of the boundaries for a category that she nominated. I can be a bit of a purist control freak with my genres and everybody is typically pretty good at honoring my boundaries and definition and I feel that the sponsors of other genres deserve the same courtesy.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 01:22am

About Rush, Enigmaticus wrote:
  Today is the 35th anniversary of the release of "Moving Pictures," my fifth favorite Rush studio album. "Moving Pictures" was the second Rush studio album that I had purchased.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 01:17am
Leave your own comment about Rush here.

About The Album Project, AlexVoltaire wrote:

My votes:

Bobby Womack - Understanding (1972)
Connie Francis - The Exciting Connie Francis (1959)
J.J. Cale - Naturally (1971)
Joan Baez - Joan Baez (1960)
Pat Benatar - Crimes of Passion (1980)
Professor Longhair - Rock 'N' Roll Gumbo (1977)
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 01:06am
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Jennifer wrote:
  Honestly, I do not plan to veto (aka lodge an "official" Protest), against anyone else's song choices the way several of us did in the first genre vote. I feel anyone that wants to voice their opinion about the nominations either for or against can and should. However, I think each voter should be allowed to think for and choose for themselves how they define a duet and vote for the songs that they each think best. Just because Donnnie and/or I may not define a duet the same does not mean either of us should forcefeed our opinions on anyone else.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 00:39am

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:
  As an impartial voice in this debate, I think both Donnie and Jennifer make good points when defining Duets. Both of you are very vocal and passionate, something that is always appreciated—at least from me. Each of you presented two convincing but vastly different definitions of “Duets.” This is a good discussion nevertheless that could be a great learning experience for the voters in the Song/Album Projects. These back-and-forth conversations have brought out the best and worst of our voters. On the one hand, it’s good for people to speak up their minds to question something plaguing them. However, at what cost? This is one of those “agree to disagree” situations on a vague “genre” selection this month (it’s not even a genre as others have already written). I didn’t lodge any protests because, personally, I’m fine with duos being included in this vote if, we’re going by Jennifer’s definition: 2 singers singing together and making an equal impact on a song. On first glance, I thought the duet had to be two major artists collaborating on a single that don't often work together. After reading Jennifer’s response a couple nights ago, I understood her position and was fine with her reasoning.

I will say, I don’t blame Jennifer for being upset here especially when she nominated the genre and one of her two songs were successfully protested. It’s absolutely terrible for that to happen. I would be mad too if I made a genre and one of my songs was cut from the nominations list, after all I’m the one who nominated the genre and would probably be the voter most knowledgeable about “what constitutes” that genre. Plus, we knew this genre was chosen a month ago, so we should have had this discussion much earlier. With that said, we shouldn’t just lodge protests without any rhyme, reason, or out of spite. That’s just pettiness and I don’t like when that happens for any reason. I can’t even remember the last time we had a successful protest in a genre vote (it’s been several months) so this doesn’t really happen too often.

Again, I’m not necessarily taking a side here but laying out my honest opinion of the comments I’ve read over the last few days. Now, let’s not discriminate against any songs that were unsuccessfully protested and give those songs a fair chance and not totally write them off. I definitely believe we should take Jennifer’s requests that she outlined for the second genre vote out of respect. Perhaps maybe we should ask her our genre picks during this first genre vote so, it’s not in tune with her definition of duets, they can choose another song. It’s only fair.
Saturday, 02.13.16 @ 00:13am

About The Album Project, Gassman wrote:
  My Ballot:

Graham Parker & The Rumour - Squeezing Out Sparks (1979)
Joan Baez - Joan Baez (1960)
Professor Longhair - Rock 'N' Roll Gumbo (1977)
Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - Going to a Go-Go (1965)
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (1956)
The Monks - Black Monk Time (1966)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 23:57pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Gassman wrote:
  My Ballot:

Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash - Girl from the North Country (1969)
Brook Benton and Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around and Fall in Love) (1960)
Carly Simon & James Taylor - Mockingbird (1974)
Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - You're the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly (1978)
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream of Me (1950)
Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1976)
Frank Sinatra & Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid (1967)
George Jones & Tammy Wynette - Golden Ring (1976)
Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta - You're the One That I Want (1978)
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - Tramp (1967)
Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin - Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus(1969)
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing (1968)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 23:50pm

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Nick wrote:
  Darren, here's an updated list for this vote (I accidently voted for more than 100 on the last ballot; let me know if that's an issue):

1. Aerosmith - Get A Grip (1993)

2. Aerosmith - Get Your Wings (1974)

3. Aerosmith - Rocks (1976)
Bad Company - Bad Company (1974)
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head (1992)

6. Beyoncé - Beyoncé (2013)

7. Billy Joel - An Innocent Man (1983)

8. Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality (1971)

9. Blind Faith - Blind Faith (1969)
10. Bob Dylan and the Band - The Basement Tapes (1975)

11. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Natty Dread (1974)

12. Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Live Bullet (1976)
13.
Bobby "Blue" Bland - Two Steps From The Blues (1961)
14.
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)

15. Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (1973)
16.
Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly (1958)
17.
Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat (1971)

18. Chic - C'est Chic (1978)
19.
Chic - Risqué (1979)

20. Chicago - Chicago (V) (1973)

21. Chuck Berry - St. Louis To Liverpool (1964)
22.
Coldplay - Ghost Stories (2014)

23. David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (1973)

24. Def Leppard - Hysteria (1987)

25. Def Leppard - Pyromania (1983)

26. Donovan - Sunshine Superman (1966)

27. Dr. John - Gris-Gris (1968)

28. Duran Duran - Duran Duran (1981)
29.
Earth, Wind and Fire - That's the Way of the World (1975)

30. Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado, A Symphony (1974)

31. Electric Light Orchestra - Face the Music (1975)
32.
Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue (1977)

33. Elton John - Honky Chateau (1972)

34.
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Armed Forces (1979)

35. Elvis Costello and The Attractions - Get Happy!! (1980)
36. Elvis Presley - Elvis (1956)

37. Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard (1974)

38. Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton (1970)

39. Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (1975)

40. Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways (2014)

41. Frank Zappa - Over-Nite Sensation (1973)

42. Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention - Apostrophe (') (1974)
43. Genesis - Abacab (1981)

44. Gram Parsons - GP (1973)

45. Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel (1974)

46. Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (1970)

47. Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby (2004)

48. Hank Williams - Hank Williams Sings (1952)
49.
Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (1977)

50. Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky (1974)

51. Janet Jackson - All For You (2001)
52.
Jay-Z - In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)

53. Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail (2013)

54. Jimmy Cliff & Various Artists - The Harder They Come (1972)
55.
 John Lee Hooker - I'm John Lee Hooker (1960)
56.
Johnny Cash - The Fabulous Johnny Cash (1959)

57. Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)

58. Justin Timberlake - Justified (2002)

59. Kanye West - 808's and Heartbreak (2008)
60.
Kid Rock - Devil Without A Cause (1998)

61. Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity (1975)

62. Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster (2009)

63. Laura Nyro - Eli and the Thirteenth Confession (1968)

64. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III (1970)
65.
Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel (1974)

66. Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus (1978)
67.
Madonna - Madonna (1982)

68. Madonna - Ray Of Light (1998)

69. Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You (1996)

70. Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death (1997)

71. Patsy Cline - Patsy Cline (1957)

72. Paul Simon - Paul Simon (1972)
73.
Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years (1975)

74. Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon (1973)

75. Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (1) (Car) (1977)

76. Peter, Paul and Mary - Peter, Paul and Mary (1962)
77.
Phil Collins - Face Value (1981)

78. Prince - Dirty Mind (1980)
79.
Queen - A Day at the Races (1976)

80. Queen - Queen II (1974)
81.
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack (1974)

82. Ramones - Rocket To Russia (1977)

83. Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story (1971)
84. Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill (1972)

85. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - In Step (1989)

86. Sting - Dream Of The Blue Turtles (1985)

87. Talking Heads - Little Creatures (1985)

88. Tina Turner - Private Dancer (1984)
89. Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything? (1972)

90. The Eagles - The Long Run (1979)
91. The Jeff Beck Group - Truth (1968)
92. The Pretenders - Learning to Crawl (1984)
93. The Rascals - The Young Rascals (1966)
94. The Rolling Stones - Some Girls (1978)
95. The Small Faces - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake (1968)
96. The Smiths - The Smiths (1984)
97. Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die (1970)
98. War - Why Can't We Be Friends? (1975)
99. Whitney Houston - Whitney (1987)
100. ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (1973)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 23:34pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Song Project, Jennifer wrote:
  Donnie, Did you actually fully read and understand all of my previous posts? If you did than many of your counter points would be moot.

From the beginning of my original post and prior to your protests, I wrote "For me, a duet is defined as 2 artists singing lead together with others playing instruments, and possibly with others singing backing vocals but only if it does not overshadow the leads."

So, I clearly said Backing Vocals are fine as long as they Do Not OverShadow the Leads. Many, many Great Duets through the years have included Great Backing Vocals that serve to compliment the Lead Vocals and improve the sound of the song in the same way playing instruments does. So, by my definition and your definition too, Under Pressure is an Excellent example of an Excellent Duet.

If I was excluding duos, I would have clearly called my nomination Duets (excluding Duos). Also, my definition of duets would also be the dictionary definition as well. lol I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on the definition of a duet.

My opinion will not change your opinion and your opinion will not change mine which is fine. I totally respect your opinion as well as your right to express your opinion. But, they are both just opinions. And really, opinions are not right or wrong. They are just opinions.

The point is, we each have our own personal definition of what a duet is as do each of the FRL voters. Just like each person has their own Opinion on the quality of Every Song nominated in the song project, we can each have and share those opinions about the definition of a duet as well. As for taking your protest personally, I took your protests (as well as that of Dave and Vegas24) personally because you were using your protest to Force your opinion on me and every other FRL voter by not letting us each Decide for Ourselves. Sorry for taking it personally but I too get pretty passionate about these things.

I actually HATE the idea of a protest period separate from the nominating period. (I PROTEST the Separate Protest Period.) To me, it makes absolutely No Sense. The song, and album projects go at such a breakneck pace that it does not give a sufficient amount of time for arguments and counterarguments before the voting is already underway, while only allowing 2 days for nominations as well as a Separate day for Protests Alone.

To Be Totally Honest, the ONLY reason that I protested any songs was to Make a Point about the Ridiculousness of the content of Donnie's Hypocritical protest and the idea that songs could be eliminated in this way. If Donnie had not started the protest, I would Definitely Not have protested any of the 3 songs that I protested.

I respect FRL voters and strongly believe they should be able to read all protests, then Listen to the all the songs and Decide for themselves.

It is currently Ridiculous that only 3 people during the very Short and Separate Protest Only Period can Force Everyone else to go along with their Viewpoints by eliminating songs ahead of time and NOT letting the voters decide for themselves. SMH (Shake My Head)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 23:28pm

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Gassman wrote:
  My final set of nominations:

1. Aerosmith - Rocks (1976)
2. Blind Faith - Blind Faith (1969)
3. Bob Dylan - Desire (1976)
4. Bobby "Blue" Bland - Two Steps From The Blues (1961)
5. Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded (1987)
6. Brian Eno - Another Green World (1975)
7. Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (1973)
8. Buzzcocks - Another Music in a Different Kitchen (1978)
9. Can - Tago Mago (1971)
10. Charles Mingus - The Black Saint & The Lady Sinner (1963)
11. David Bowie - Station To Station (1976)
12. Deafheaven - Sunbather (2013)
13. Deep Purple - In Rock (1970)
14. Def Leppard - Hysteria (1987)
15. Def Leppard - Pyromania (1983)
16. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing..... (1996)
17. Dr. John - Gris-Gris (1968)
18. Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue (1977)
19. Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (1975)
20. Gang of Four - Entertainment! (1979)
21. Genius/GZA - Liquid Swords (1995)
22. Gram Parsons - GP (1973)
23. Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel (1974)
24. Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (1970)
25. Herbie Hancock - Head Hunters (1973)
26. Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (1977)
27. Iron Maiden - Powerslave (1984)
28. Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky (1974)
29. Jimmy Cliff & Various Artists - The Harder They Come (1972)
30. Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance (1982)
31. Killing Joke - Killing Joke (1980)
32. Klaus Schulze - Moondawn (1976)
33. Leadbelly - Leadbelly's Last Sessions (1953)
34. Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man (1988)
35. Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel (1974)
36. Lou Reed - Berlin (1973)
37. Madonna - Ray Of Light (1998)
38. Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame (1971)
39. Mastodon - Crack The Skye (2009)
40. Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets II (1984)
41. Miles Davis - In a Silent Way (1969)
42. Moby Grape - Moby Grape (1967)
43. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps (1979)
44. Neu! - Neu! 2 (1973)
45. New York Dolls - New York Dolls (1973)
46. Nick Drake - Pink Moon (1972)
47. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (1999)
48. Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death (1997)
49. Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz To Come (1959)
50. Prince - Dirty Mind (1980)
51. Queen - Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
52. Ramones - Rocket To Russia (1977)
53. Richard and Linda Thompson - Shoot Out The Lights (1982)
54. Richard Hell and the Voidoids - Blank Generation (1977)
55. Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story (1971)
56. Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1972)
57. Sam Cooke - Live at Harlem Square Club (1985)
58. Santana - Supernatural (1999)
59. Scott Walker - Tilt (1995)
60. Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun (1999)
61. Silver Apples - Silver Apples (1968)
62. Siouxsie and the Banshees - Juju (1981)
63. Slint - Spiderland (1991)
64. Social Distortion - Social Distortion (1990)
65. Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill (1972)
66. Steve Earle - Copperhead Road (1988)
67. Suede - Suede (1993)
68. Suicide - Suicide (1977)
69. Sweet - Desolation Boulevard (1974)
70. Tangerine Dream - Phaedra (1974)
71. Television - Marquee Moon (1977)
72. The 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators (1966)
73. The B-52's - The B-52's (1979)
74. The Byrds - The Notorious Byrd Brothers (1968)
75. The Carpenters - Close To You (1970)
76. The Damned - Damned Damned Damned (1977)
77. The Jam - All Mods Cons (1978)
78. The Jeff Beck Group - Truth (1968)
79. The Mars Volta - De-Loused in the Comatorium (2003)
80. The Meters - Rejuvenation (1974)
81. The National - Trouble Will Find Me (2013)
82. The O'Jays - Back Stabbers (1972)
83. The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy & the Lash (1985)
84. The Rolling Stones - Some Girls (1978)
85. The Specials - Specials (1979)
86. The Stooges - Funhouse (1970)
87. The Stooges - Raw Power (1973)
88. The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat (1968)
89. The Wailers - Catch A Fire (1973)
90. Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners (1957)
91. Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak (1976)
92. Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats (1979)
93. Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything? (1972)
94. Townes Van Zandt - The Late Great Townes Van Zandt (1972)
95. Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die (1970)
96. Tubeway Army - Replicas (1979)
97. Uncle Tupelo - No Depression (1990)
98. Various Artists - The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1975)
99. Wire - Pink Flag (1977)
100. ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (1973)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 23:16pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, Nick wrote:
  Aerosmith - Get A Grip (1993)
Aerosmith - Get Your Wings (1974)
Aerosmith - Rocks (1976)
Bad Company - Bad Company (1974)
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head (1992)
Beyoncé - Beyoncé (2013)
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man (1983)
Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality (1971)
Blind Faith - Blind Faith (1969)
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Blood, Sweat & Tears (1968)
Bob Dylan and the Band - The Basement Tapes (1975)
Bob Marley & The Wailers - Natty Dread (1974)
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band - Live Bullet (1976)
Bobby "Blue" Bland - Two Steps From The Blues (1961)
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)
Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (1973)
Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly (1958)
Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat (1971)
Chic - C'est Chic (1978)
Chic - Risqué (1979)
Chicago - Chicago (V) (1973)
Christina Aguilera - Stripped (2002)
Chuck Berry - St. Louis To Liverpool (1964)
Coldplay - Ghost Stories (2014)
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (1973)
Def Leppard - Hysteria (1987)
Def Leppard - Pyromania (1983)
Donovan - Sunshine Superman (1966)
Dr. John - Gris-Gris (1968)
Duran Duran - Duran Duran (1981)
Earth, Wind and Fire - That's the Way of the World (1975)
Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado, A Symphony (1974)
Electric Light Orchestra - Face the Music (1975)
Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue (1977)
Elton John - Honky Chateau (1972)
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection (1970)
Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Armed Forces (1979)
Elvis Costello and The Attractions - Get Happy!! (1980)
Elvis Presley - Elvis (1956)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1970)
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard (1974)
Eric Clapton - Eric Clapton (1970)
Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac (1975)
Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways (2014)
Frank Sinatra - Come Fly With Me (1958)
Frank Sinatra - Songs For Swingin' Lovers (1956)
Frank Zappa - Over-Nite Sensation (1973)
Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention - Apostrophe (') (1974)
Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention - We're Only In It For The Money (1968)
Genesis - Abacab (1981)
Gram Parsons - GP (1973)
Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel (1974)
Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (1970)
Gwen Stefani - Love Angel Music Baby (2004)
Hank Williams - Hank Williams Sings (1952)
Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (1977)
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky (1974)
Janet Jackson - All For You (2001)
Jay-Z - In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail (2013)
Jim Croce - I Got A Name (1973)
Jimmy Cliff & Various Artists - The Harder They Come (1972)
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! (1979)
John Lee Hooker - I'm John Lee Hooker (1960)
Johnny Cash - The Fabulous Johnny Cash (1959)
Johnny Cash - With His Hot and Blue Guitar (1957)
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)
Justin Timberlake - Justified (2002)
Kanye West - 808's and Heartbreak (2008)
Kid Rock - Devil Without A Cause (1998)
Kraftwerk - Radio-Activity (1975)
Kraftwerk - The Man-Machine (1978)
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster (2009)
Laura Nyro - Eli and the Thirteenth Confession (1968)
Leadbelly - Leadbelly's Last Sessions (1953)
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III (1970)
Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel (1974)
Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus (1978)
Madonna - Madonna (1982)
Madonna - Ray Of Light (1998)
Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You (1996)
Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death (1997)
Olivia Newton-John - Grease: The Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture (1978)
Patsy Cline - Patsy Cline (1957)
Paul Simon - Paul Simon (1972)
Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years (1975)
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon (1973)
Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (1) (Car) (1977)
Peter Tosh - Legalize It (1976)
Peter, Paul and Mary - Peter, Paul and Mary (1962)
Phil Collins - Face Value (1981)
Prince - Dirty Mind (1980)
Queen - A Day at the Races (1976)
Queen - Queen II (1974)
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
Ramones - Rocket To Russia (1977)
Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill (1972)
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - In Step (1989)
Sting - Dream Of The Blue Turtles (1985)
Talking Heads - Little Creatures (1985)
Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything? (1972)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 23:08pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Album Project, dmg wrote:
  Adam and the Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier (1980)
Herman's Hermits - Herman's Hermits (1965)
J.J. Cale - Naturally (1971)
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (1956)
Sun Ra - Space is the Place (1972)
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air (1967)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 22:50pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About Revisited Projected Rankings, AlexVoltaire wrote:
  Beyoncé - Beyoncé (2013)
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man (1983)
Björk - Debut (1993)
Black Flag - My War (1984)
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)
Blind Faith - Blind Faith (1969)
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Blood, Sweat & Tears (1968)
Bob Dylan and the Band - The Basement Tapes (1975)
Brian Eno - Discreet Music (1975)
Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets (1974)
Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)
Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle (1973)
Can - Ege Bamyasi (1972)
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um (1959)
Chic - C'est Chic (1978)
Chicago - Chicago (V) (1973)
Christina Aguilera - Stripped (2002)
Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites (1996)
Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! (1978)
Duran Duran - Duran Duran (1981)
Earth, Wind and Fire - That's the Way of the World (1975)
ed. Harry Smith - Anthology of American Folk Music (1952)
Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection (1970)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus (1971)
Emmylou Harris - Luxury Liner (1977)
Emmylou Harris - Roses in the Snow (1980)
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard (1974)
Fairport Convention - Liege and Lief (1969)
Feist - The Reminder (2007)
Hall & Oates - Voices (1980)
Howard Shore - The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
Iggy Pop - Lust for Life (1977)
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky (1974)
Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail (2013)
Jim Croce - I Got A Name (1973)
Jimmy Buffett - Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes (1977)
Jimmy Cliff & Various Artists - The Harder They Come (1972)
Joe Jackson - Look Sharp! (1979)
John Williams - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1977)
Journey - Escape (1981)
Justin Timberlake - Justified (2002)
Kanye West - 808's and Heartbreak (2008)
Kate Bush - The Kick Inside (1978)
Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel (1974)
Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck, et. al - The Real Ambassadors (1962)
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame (1971)
Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You (1996)
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (1985)
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (1973)
New York Dolls - New York Dolls (1973)
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left (1969)
Orbital - In Sides (1996)
Os Mutantes - Os Mutantes (1968)
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon (1973)
Peter Tosh - Legalize It (1976)
Peter, Paul and Mary - Peter, Paul and Mary (1962)
Phil Collins - Face Value (1981)
Randy Newman - Sail Away (1972)
Richard and Linda Thompson - Shoot Out The Lights (1982)
Robyn - Robyn (2005)
Roxy Music - Roxy Music (1972)
Santana - Supernatural (1999)
Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun (1999)
Silver Apples - Silver Apples (1968)
Spinal Tap - This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic (1974)
Sting - Dream Of The Blue Turtles (1985)
T. Rex - Slider (1972)
Television - Marquee Moon (1977)
The B-52's - Wild Planet (1980)
The Beach Boys - The Smile Sessions (2011)
The Byrds - Fifth Dimension (1966)
The Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust (1995)
The Cranberries - No Need to Argue (1994)
The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers (1976)
The Offspring - Americana (1998)
The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy & the Lash (1985)
The Smiths - Strangeways, Here We Come (1987)
The Wailers - Catch A Fire (1973)
The Who - A Quick One (Happy Jack) (1966)
They Might Be Giants - Flood (1990)
Throbbing Gristle - 20 Jazz Funk Greats (1979)
Todd Rundgren - Something/Anything? (1972)
Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones (1983)
Toots and the Maytals - Funky Kingston (1973)
Tori Amos - From The Choirgirl Hotel (1998)
Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy (1978)
Weird Al Yankovic - Bad Hair Day (1996)
Weird Al Yankovic - Mandatory Fun (2014)
Wendy Carlos - Switched-on Bach (1968)
XTC - Skylarking (1986)

And from the newly eligible list:

Billy Joel - Piano Man (1973)
Cabaret Voltaire - The Voice of America (1980)
Kansas - Point of Know Return (1978)
Mary J Blige - My Life (1994)
Tina Turner - Private Dancer (1984)
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die (1970)

And for Rick, ELO's Out of the Blue (1977)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 22:47pm
Leave your own comment about Revisited Projected Rankings here.

About The Album Project, Nick wrote:
  Barry White - Can't Get Enough (1974)
Bobby Womack - Understanding (1972)
J.J. Cale - Naturally (1971)
Pat Benatar - Crimes of Passion (1980)
Professor Longhair - Rock 'N' Roll Gumbo (1977)
Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - Going to a Go-Go (1965)

So many painful cuts and most of these albums I’d support in the future. It's shocking some of these albums aren't inducted yet (no Professor Longhair, really??)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 22:37pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Nick wrote:

Carly Simon & James Taylor - Mockingbird (1974)
Diana Ross & The Supremes & The Temptations - I’m Gonna Make You Love Me (1968)
Dionne Warwick & The Spinners - Then Came You (1974)
Donna Summer & Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough is Enough) (1979)
Etta James & Harvey Fuqua - Spoonful (1961)
Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1976)
Frank Sinatra & Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid (1967)
Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two (1966)
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain’t Nothing Like the Real Thing (1968)
Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - Tramp (1967)
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Where is the Love (1971)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 22:28pm

About The Album Project, Donnie wrote:
  My Votes

Labelle - Nightbirds (1974)
Madness - One Step Beyond... (1979)
Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - Going to a Go-Go (1965)
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (1956)
Spirit - 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus (1970)
Wes Montgomery - The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery (1960)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 22:09pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About The Song Project, Donnie wrote:
  As for my votes..

Carly Simon & James Taylor - Mockingbird (1974)

Dinah Washington & Brook Benton - Baby, You've Got What it Takes (1960)

Dionne Warwick & The Spinners - Then Came You (1974)

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream of Me (1950)

Frank Sinatra & Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid (1967)

Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two (1966)

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing (1968)

Marvin Gaye and Tami Terrell - You're All I Need to Get By (1968)

Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta - You're the One That I Want (1978)

Otis Redding & Carla Thomas - Tramp (1967)

Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway - Where is the Love (1971)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 22:04pm

About The Song Project, Donnie wrote:
  To add further to my argument, if you wanna strictly define a duet as a song that features any two people singing on the song, then just about any song in recorded history could be considered a duet as pretty much every song features a lead singer, in addition to a backing vocalist.

For example, let's look at Nirvana. The majority of their songs feature Kurt Cobain singing lead vocals, and Dave Grohol singing backing vocals. Technically, their songs have two singers singing together. So should a song like "Pennyroyal Tea" be considered a duet? After all, you have both Cobain and Grohl singing on that song together.

Of course, most songs by rock bands have one lead singer and more than one background vocal, so they wouldn't fit, because you have more than one person singing.

But about any trio that has the lead singer as well as a backing vocalist, like Nirvana, or the Police, or Cream. Most of the songs from those groups have their lead singer and one of the other members singing backing vocals. Would all those songs thus be "duets?"

Just something to think about.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 21:49pm

About The Song Project, Donnie wrote:
  The problem here is that Jennifer and myself have established two very different definitions of what a "duet" is.

Jennifer's definition is based on a vocal/singing stance, meaning two people singing together. She's looking at duets from that perspective. So her protests of all of those nominated songs that featured more than two people singing, goes in line with her thinking of what a duet is.

My definition is based from an overall performer standpoint and how the song was released and categorized. My definition has nothing to do with the musical sense of what's happening in the song (what kind of vocals are taking place, how many people are singing, etc.). Again my definition is two established, separated artists coming together to perform on a song. A song like "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen, would to me be considered a duet, because the song is a collaboration between two, separate artists, even though it features vocals from presumably 4 musicians (David Bowie and Freddie Mercury on lead and background vocals, as well as Brian May and Roger Taylor on background vocals), so by Jennifer's definition, it would probably not fit.

That's the problem here, we've got two very distinct definitions of what a duet is and what qualifies in this category. Considering Jennifer was the one who nominated this genre, I probably should've just kept my mouth shut (or my fingers, whatever), and we should've just went with her definition. But admittedly, I strongly disagreed with it, hence why I made my protest post.

It also seemed that Jennifer took it really personally, and for that I apologize. I didn't mean to offend her or anyone, but I get pretty passionate about these things.

As for Jennifer's protest of my song I nominated, it's an interesting argument. Marvin and Tammi (I spelled it right that time ;) ) did make so many songs together, you could consider them a duo. And Tammi's solo career wasn't very notable, that's true. But, even though she didn't really have any hit or noteworthy songs before she started duetting with Marvin Gaye, she did have an established solo career on 2-3 labels before she signed with Motown, in addition to some solo work on the Motown label, so she was an established, separate music artist, and thus they fit my definition of a duet.

As for Steve Z's examples in argument against my case, he's right. I would not consider Peaches and Herb nor Sonny and Cher to be duets, because they are in fact established, musical duos (like Simon and Garfunkel, Hall & Oates, OutKast, the White Stripes, etc). Not two, separate artists coming together to collaborate on a song. So yeah, I wouldn't consider their songs to be eligible here either.

Like I stated, I think this is gonna be a contentious genre vote, because we have two very different philosophies/ideas here about what a duet is. If everyone wants to go with Jennifer's definition and count songs that feature "duet singing," then I won't protest any further, and will go along with it, but my viewpoint on what a duet is won't change.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 21:41pm

About The Song Project, DarinRG wrote:
  okay, going on the assumption that these are all still eligible:

Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash - Girl from the North Country (1969)
Carly Simon & James Taylor - Mockingbird (1974)
Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - You're the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly (1978)
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream of Me (1950)
Elton John & Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (1976)
Etta James & Harvey Fuqua - Spoonful (1961)
George Jones & Tammy Wynette - Golden Ring (1976)
Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two (1966)
Neil Diamond & Barbra Streisand - You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1978)
Olivia Newton-John and Electric Light Orchestra - Xanadu (1980)
Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta - You're the One That I Want (1978)
Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin - Je T'aime... Moi Non Plus(1969)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 21:03pm

About The Album Project, DarinRG wrote:
  Hoping to see a lot of what doesn't make it this round resurface. There's a lot here that I'd support in the future.

John Cale - Paris 1919 (1973)
Professor Longhair - Rock 'N' Roll Gumbo (1977)
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (1956)
Sun Ra - Space is the Place (1972)
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air (1967)
The Monks - Black Monk Time (1966)
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 20:31pm
Leave your own comment about The Album Project here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  No that's a Very good point. I don't like the Weather in NY now. It's a Deep Freeze. I'll wait a week on that weather. Same thing with the predictions I'd say.

Summer is better for the Weather and Predictions.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 15:53pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Philip wrote:
  "I can always change it in the Summer or something."--Ben

Another reason we haven't commented much on your predictions. It's like the weather in Michigan. If you don't like it, wait 30 minutes.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 14:54pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Philip,

You make some good points. I stick with the Zombies as a choice. They are a big Fav of Steve Van Zant. He is very much on the Nom Com. Nom Com purge kills off the 50s. Not the 60s. Certainly Steve Van Zant keeps his favs alive.

I always predict the Moody Blues. It's getting more likely. In an effort to modernize the Hall could try something new with 2 Post Punk names.

You are very right about Motorhead. This year is off to a bad start and who knows a Big name not in the Hall yet could still die by then. Let's Hope not, but it happens. I can always change it in the Summer or something.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 14:41pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Philip wrote:
  Ben,

To comment on your predictions, it's just too early. Pearl Jam's a lock, 2Pac may be, but they may also wish to go back to past failed attempts and give LL Cool J, Eric B. & Rakim, or Afrika Bambaataa another spin.

Sade is not going to make the ballot. Stop drinking Enig's Kool-Aid.

The Moody Blues just aren't that likely until Yes is in. It's not a guarantee, just a good indicator.

Same with Sonic Youth. With the Smiths twice nominated now, it seems like that's where they'll focus. There won't be two post-punk names. Unless you're willing to forgo a left-field pick, you shouldn't predict both Sonic Youth and the Cure on the same ballot.

I wouldn't bet on the Zombies either, with the NomCom purge.

Chic is a sure bet. Spinners maybe less so, but still good. J. Geils Band is a wild card. Nine Inch Nails could return or they could get shuffled out in favor of Pearl Jam. Todd Rundgren... his name appears perennially on someone's list or another's, but I'm not seeing any real push for him on the inside. The Meters are a possibility, naturally. The Induct Janet campaign may give it another go after finishing second in the fan poll (once you throw out the robot votes) and push for her to be nominated again.

Motorhead is exactly why I say it's too soon. Dying between the announcement of the inductees and the actual induction ceremonies is probably the least likely time of year for the Death Fairy to grant your wish. Lemmy's death will probably be forgotten by September, and with the way this year is off to a start, we could see another big name die by then and thus supplant Motorhead. Sounds crazy, I know, but it happens.

And yeah, Classic Rock, I also said that exact same thing on my last blog entry too, only I pinned it on the guitar band members who are many more people than a solo act.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 14:07pm
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About The Song Project, Dave wrote:
  Steve Z,
I seconded Donnie's protests because I didn't think those songs fit the genre yesterday after reading Donnie's comment. It was very convincing at the time and based it from the concerns from the other posters. But now I'm thinking about it, I feel terrible given some great songs were vetoed. I wish I could take back my protests. It is a really broad category and not exactly a genre so I guess they probably should've been included in this bunch.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 12:39pm

About the 2016 Inductees, Ben wrote:
  Exactly. I showed some Old Classes from 2006,2007 and 2008 to show while there is nothing really wrong with who went in. The shrunk Classes causes big Problems with Backlog. The Hall Inducted those like Black Sabbath, Blondie, Sex Pistols, REM, Ronettes, Patti Smith and Van Halen all make a lot of sense.

5 a class caused a backlog. Eddie Trunk, Baba Booey, Jon Hein and certainly Steve Van Zant will push for Classic Favs. They were concerned about the Classic Backlog. I'd like to get more comments on my predictions. There is less Classic Rock but it's still there. Moody Blues, J Geils and Motorhead are in my predictions for next year. The Zombies is a 60s fav of Steve Van Zant. Classic Rock don't go away that fast.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 11:59am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.

About the 2016 Inductees, Classic Rock wrote:
  I think the classic rock dominated classes will continue to happen unless the nominating committee puts up fewer or weaker classic rock acts on the ballot of 15. The voters aren't going to change their ways easily. Eddie Trunk, Baba Booey, Jon Hein, and the rest are going to vote for any Moody Blues, Doobie Brothers, or J Geils that comes along. I don't see them caring about the balance of the class.
Friday, 02.12.16 @ 11:06am
Leave your own comment about the 2016 Inductees here.